Chapter 15: Why do I like you?

Finney POV:

We continued down the path, her running ahead as I casually tossed my arm over her shoulder, walking alongside her. "Where to now?" I asked, flashing a smile. "Well, I don't know. Do you want to come to my house?" she suggested, causing me to freeze in surprise. "Uh, yeah, sure," I replied, falling into step with her. Soon, we found ourselves strolling through the neighborhood until she stopped in front of an old-looking building. The tiny white balcony boasted a weathered picnic chair, while the wooden planks showed signs of peeling white paint. The square windows and a yellow dirt path cutting through overgrown grass completed the picture. "I know it's kinda shit, but it feels-right," she explained.

I nodded, following her inside as we engaged in conversation. "So, who do you live with here?" I inquired, gazing at her softly. "Well, when I escaped from the hospital, Jimmy found me sleeping on a park bench. He invited me in for food, water, and a place to stay for the night. Before I knew it, I was living with him," she shared. Her attention turned to me. "And what about you?" she asked. I leaned against the wall, considering her question. "Oh, it's just me, my dad, and my little sister, Gwen," I replied. Her eyes sparkled with a hint of longing. "You have a sister? You're lucky. It must be nice to have someone," she said with a wistful smile. "Yeah, it is," I agreed, both of us falling into a contemplative silence as we took in the surroundings for a moment.

"So, you wanna check out my room?" she casually asked. "Uh, sure, I guess," I replied, attempting to hide my nervousness. It was going to be my first time in a girl's bedroom, after all. She swung the door open, and to my surprise, it wasn't what I had expected. There were no dollhouses or pink walls, but rather a vibrant explosion of colors—posters plastered everywhere and silver stars adorning the ceiling. It wasn't messy; it was just... colorful, in a unique and inviting way.

In that moment, I felt like I truly understood her, like I had a glimpse into her world. Suddenly, music started playing as she put on a record. "I love this song," she laughed, cranking up the volume a notch. "Same," I grinned. "Fox ooooon the Run," I sang, pretending to strum a guitar, which sent her into a fit of laughter. As I stumbled over a small box, causing her laughter to intensify, I asked, "What's that?" She opened the box, revealing its contents. "Oh my god," I exclaimed, lowering the music and crouching down to her level. "Are those gummy bears?" I leaned closer. "No, edibles," she said, giving me a mischievous look. "Should we try one?" she suggested with a smile. "I knew you were fun." We each grabbed one and locked eyes as we waited for the effects to kick in. "I don't feel anything," she remarked, and I agreed, prompting us to have another. Within a minute, we had devoured half the packet, and then it hit us. "Whoa," I exclaimed, our eyes meeting as we erupted into laughter.

Y/n POV:

In the fading light of the setting sun, I found myself captivated by his exquisite features, the gentle contours of his face beckoning me to touch it. His mere presence brought me comfort, his scent and the softness of his hair adding to the intoxication of the moment. We locked eyes, sharing a laugh, both lost in a hallucinatory haze.

---3 hours later---

Lying in the middle of an empty road, Finn trembled beside me, his arms crossed tightly as he rolled onto his side. "F-f-fuck," he muttered, his voice filled with a mixture of awe and bewilderment. I rubbed my temples, feeling the effects of our trip intensify. "I can see so much," I mused, gazing up at the starry sky above. "So many stars..." My words trailed off as Finney continued to whimper, still caught in the throes of hallucination. Lost in the cosmic tapestry above, I surrendered to the overwhelming sensation, my mind blissfully devoid of thoughts.

"Y/n-" he shook you as you went back to reality. "yeah?" you said quietly as he sniffled. "W-w-wh- what ti-time is it?" he asked as you shot up. "ffuuuuuuuck-" you slowly got up, Finney super panicked and paranoid, your eyes still bloodshot red, and your vision foggy. "We need to go home-"Finney interrupted you. "But we're so high- m-my dad will be so pissed-" You stared at him. "I don't even know where we are..." Finney sighed. "Why the fuck did I agree to sneak out again?" you looked up, exhausted. "I think we went this way." you said taking a look at him.