Chapter 8- Home

y/n:

about a year later.  (you're like 15 now)

"I- I can't go on like this-"

"I- I can't go on..."

You jolted awake, panic surging through you as you snapped back to reality, realizing that you were no longer trapped in that unfamiliar place from your recurring nightmare. You were back home, safe and sound. Jimmy, your friend, hopped up next to you, greeting you with a cheerful, "Morning, girl. Did you sleep well?" You swung your bag over your shoulder and got up from the couch, ignoring his question. "Not really, barely slept," you replied, slipping on your jumper. "Actually, I got dressed and ready like three hours ago, but thanks for asking, Jim." He shook his head, a hint of amusement on his face, as you opened the door. "Wait, you sure you don't want me to walk with you? Don't want you getting jumped. I mean, you already look like shit," he joked. You rolled your eyes, chuckling. "You're one to talk. See you later, dirtbag."

It had been a year since you escaped from the hospital and found refuge in a small trailer with Jimmy. He was a tall man, around 6'3", with shaved orange-ish hair and a messy spiky beard. He looked like he was in his late 20s, always dressed in dark clothes and spoke with a rough edge.  (A/N: I imagine him as Jesse Pinkman yk?) When Jimmy found you knocking on his door for some food after your escape from the hospital, he was already grappling with his own loneliness and the loss of his five-year-old son. That's why he took you in; he was seeking companionship. Since you had no memory, not even your name, he simply called you "Girl." Sometimes he would give you silly nicknames like "Shaggy" or "Beetle." He wasn't the brightest, but he provided shelter and, strangely enough, a sense of comfort. You giggled, waving goodbye to Jimmy as he smiled back. "Catch ya later, Shaggy."

---

*The night before*

Finn POV:

Y/n. The name stirred a mix of emotions within me, carrying both weight and significance. As I lay in bed, thoughts of her flooded my mind, making her presence feel vivid and real once again. It had been almost a year since I last thought about her.

But in that year, there had been no news, no updates about her whereabouts. Nothing.

I clutched my blanket tightly, attempting to hold back the tears welling up in my eyes. I hoped with all my heart that she was safe, perhaps reunited with her biological parents if the pieces had fallen into place. Closing my eyes, I could hear the faint sound of the television in the distance. "we now have updates on---The girl who was found last year at the crime scene... Kidnapping and murder... children..." The channel changed abruptly as I rushed to the living room, urging my dad to go back to that channel. "Dad, that was her!" I exclaimed, catching him off guard. "Finney, it's 10 PM. What are you doing?" my dad groaned in response.

"I know, sorry. Just please, go back to that channel," I pleaded, grabbing the remote and switching to the correct channel. "Witnesses say she has been found... man named----immy Heve---land... she's apparently lost all..." The television suddenly went static, cutting off the information. "No!" I shouted, frustration mounting as I shook the TV in annoyance. My dad stared at me, clearly taken aback. 

"Sorry son, it must be the weather..." I smacked the T.v again before placing my hands on my head in panic. "Its fine" I murmured, placing the remote back on the table and walking back to my room with a heavy heart. The sadness consumed me as I closed my eyes, my thoughts consumed by Y/n. Sleep eventually overtook me, carrying with it the weight of pain and uncertainty.

--

(638 words)

sorry it's been a week, I'll try to add another chapter in two or three days, I've just been on vacation but I'm back, obviously I still have school but I pretty much use all my free time on this.

Also, if you have any things you want to see in future chapters, or things you think I should change or replace, please tell me, I'll respond to everyone lol.

ok thank you for reading this <3

-L