Chapter 2

Spring Reveals All

Chapter 2

A/N: Hey guys! Another chapter commences! Thanks for the comments!

*** Tory's POV ***

I glanced around the bunker, only to lock eyes with Ben. Oh my-...I really hope he did not just see that.

But his face said otherwise. Red was staining both his cheeks and there was something unidentifiable in his eyes. I wasn't sure I liked that look... it was not a very 'Ben' expression.

A shiver runs up my spine. Yep...I was definitely not myself today. Ben shook his head and the spell was broken.

A sleepy groan broke the quiet. It seemed Hi had just woken up.

"Umbdmd..." he mumbled incoherently. He lifted his arms and stretched before resting his eyes on me. "...OhmygodyourokayTory!!" This left his mouth in a rush and barely gave me time to breathe before the life was squeezed out of me by an enthusiastic Hi.

"Hi...can't...breathe" I managed to squeak. It was the best I could do without air. Hi let go of me but then I was caught in another bone crushing hug, this time from Shelton.

"I was so worried! How could you do that to us?!"

"It's not like I had a choice!" I replied, indignantly. A sudden growl cut off our reunion.

My head swivelled to the source expecting to find an animal. Instead there was Ben, flaring and growling at us. Hang on...

I followed his gaze. He was staring at...Hi and Shelton?!

"Guys...I think it's in your best interest to move away from me very slowly."

"Huh? Why? What's gotten into Ben?" Shelton questioned, but did as I instructed along with Hi. Ben was really creeping us out.

Ben was still growling but it was more of a grumble now than anything else. I jumped when he pulled me forcefully into a protective hug.

"Mine." He growled. My eyes widened. Hi and Shelton backed away from Ben as he was still giving them a death glare.

"Ben?" My voice was shaking slightly. He said nothing.

I tried again. "Ben!" My voice was stronger and held more force. His head whipped around and he fixed me with an animalistic stare. Still holding my gaze, he bent his head so that his nose was buried in my neck. He closed his eyes and inhaled. He sighed then rubbed his cheek against my skin.

"Mine..." His voice was lower and it rumbled against my neck. My breathing was quicker and shallower. Heat was radiating from my face. That one word transformed me into this hormonal mess. Why?