2. Secret Girlfriend

El and Will were waiting our front of the school for Johnathan hoping he'd show up before a teacher found out what happened and came looking for him.

"I didn't know you knew how to fight" El said finally breaking the silence.

"oh.. yeah Lonnie taught me when I was little, guess it just stuck with me or something" Will said back

"Thank you for that Will, I didn't know what to do" she paused "It's so embarrassing, she embarrasses me in-front of everyone" El said starting to get choked up on tears

He moved over to her and wrapped his arm around her shoulder while she laid her head on his shoulder.
"I know, trust me I know" he said while rubbing her shoulder for comfort.

They sat in silence for a second again before Will spoke up once more

"I was just so fed up, seeing them make fun of you like that. I couldn't just sit back and watch like everyone else anymore. I know what it's like and Im here for you if you ever need anyone to talk to about it okay?"  "You know I was bullied as a kid too? So was Mike and Dustin and Lucas, You know this. They used to call me Zombie boy because of the whole upside down thing, and they would call Dustin toothless, Lucas midnight and Mike frog face.I remember waking up in the hospital after the upside down and Mike telling me about you breaking troys arm and making him piss himself in-front of the whole school, and i remember thinking how cool you were that you could stick up for them. For us. And seeing you now being in the exact place we were in all those years ago the place I was in. And seeing how you can't stick up for yourself now. You're in that place i was in. And I knew that I needed to do it for you, be who you were for us then for you now. I remembered how I felt sitting there after troy would taunt us feeling helpless knowing that people knew he picked on us, teachers knew but didn't do anything. It made me realize how you must feel the same way I felt, knowing that people knew, how teacher's knew, and now you know that that people know, that teachers know, that I know, but nobody does anything and i'm so sorry I didn't do anything sooner but i'm doing something now and I'm not gonna stop. Okay? I'm not gonna sit back and watch her taunt you in-front of everyone anymore I've started doing something about it now and I'm not gonna stop. You're my sister and I love you okay? I know I don't say that a-lot but I do love you El, So much"

She was now full on sobbing on Wills shoulder after listening to his speech "I love you too Will" she said weakly and now Will found himself crying too. "And by the way, we can glue your diorama back together okay?" Will said with a small smile. El just nodded back.

Johnathan finally arrived to come pick them up they both stood up and wiped their tears away before climbing into the back of argyles van.

The tension in the car was fucking suffocating, an awkward tense silence hung in the air before Johnathan finally spoke up, "So neither of you are gonna tell me what the fuck is going on?"

Both El and Will avoided eye contact with Jonathan in the rear view mirror before exchanging a quick look with each other essentially saying "i'm not gonna say anything.. are you gonna say anything?" and a "I'm not saying anything" look back.

Another silence fell over them for a second before Johnathan again said "Someone tell me what the hell is going on before I pull this car over and  wait till you do"

"Nothing is going on Johnathan." Will finally spoke clearly a bit annoyed.

"You were both obviously crying, El's project is completely destroyed, your knuckles are bloody and bruised your nose is bleeding and you have a bruise under your cheekbone something is obviously going on Will!"