8. The Flight

Before they knew it.. it was Sunday and Mike and Nancy were getting ready for their flight.

"MIKE!! DID YOU TAKE MY HAIRBRUSH?!"

Mike walked over to the doorway of Nancys room and started at her as if saying "why the hell would I have it"

"Oh don't look at me like that you jerk"

"Nancy why the actual shit would I take your goddamn hairbrush?"

"I don't know you take my shit all the time!"

"yeah I take useful shit. Holly probably took it go ask mom or something" he said while walking back to his room to finish packing his bags.

Mike has never been much of an organized person.. He just threw all of this clothes unfolded into the side of his suitcase without trying to make it fit nicely.

He pondered his room to look if their was anything else he would need for his week long trip.

After looking a bit and adding a couple of small things to his bag he decided there was nothing else.

He walked out into the kitchen only to be met with an angry mother.

"Michael Wheeler what have you been doing? We need to go! Now!"

"Oh shit!" He said while running out to the car to put his bags in the trunk.

"LANGUAGE!!!" His mother shouts at him from the house.

"You doing okay?" Nancy asked checking up on his brother knowing the entirety of the situation.

"I can't tell if i'm about to throw up because i'm excited or nervous?"

Nancy just laughed and rapped her arm around his shoulder giving it a small rub as a form of an awkward sibling hug without really hugging.

"Wait Nance i NEED to go grab something really quick"

He said as he started running towards the house.

"But Mike we'll be late??"

He turned around to make eye contact with his sister.

"Please Nancy I need this." He said

Nancy seeing the seriousness in his eyes knowing what the situation was about she said "Okay okay but hurry up okay? I can only hold mom of for like a minute before she'll storm in the house and drag you out by your ear."

"THANK YOU NANCY I OWE YOU!!" He yelled already running back towards the house.
"Yeah you say that every time but you haven't done shit for me" she muttered to herself laughing slightly.

Mike running up to his room as fast as he possibly could and heading directly to the shoe box on the top self of his closet.
He grabbed out a thick bundle of what looks to be a bunch of paper all tied together. They're easily had to be over 400 maybe even 500 of the papers in the stack.
He ran back downstairs so fast he almost fell and rushed out to the car hiding the stack in one of the pockets of his suitcase and plopped down into the seat next to Nancy with a dramatic sigh.

His mom started to yell the second he got in the car "MICHAEL YOU MADE US EVEN MORE LATE THEN WE ALREADY ARE. IF YOU MISS YOU FLIGHT AND DON'T  GET TO SEE WILL IT'S NOBODYS FAULT BUT YOU'RE OWN."

He completely ignored his mom and whispered to Nancy "Thank you so much"

She gave him a  knowing look "of course Mike :)"

They all sat in silence for a while before Nancy whispered to Mike.. "When are gonna talk to El? You really need to Mike.."

"I know.. But I don't know if i have the guts to Nancy" He said back