9. The arrival

Before Mike knew it they were landing.

He packed up the new book he was writing and shoved it into his bag.

"Nancy! Hey Nancy! Cmon wake up we're landing!"

"hmmgmmh" She groaned.

"Cmon wake up we're here the flights landing."

"Ugh what time is it?" She asked still half asleep.

"It's about 1-2 pm"

"Okay." she responded.

After the plan landed they piled off the flight and into the airport.
Anxiety growing in Mikes stomach.
They kept an eye out for Johnathan as he was there to pick them up. After a little while more of looking they spotted him holding a smallish sign that read

"WHEELERS"

In big black blocky letters. Mike knew Will had drawn it and smiled to himself.

As soon as Nancy saw him she dropped all her stuff and ran up to him.

He engulfed her in a hug picking her up off of her feet and spinning them both around.

As soon as he set her down he planted kisses all over every inch of her face.

"I missed you so much" He finally stated.

"I missed you too :)" She said in return.

Mike grabbed all of Nancys bags she dropped and walked over to them.

"Thank you Mike" Nancy said while taking her bags from him.

"Hi Mike" Johnathan said pulling him in for a quick hug.

"Hi Johnathan" Mike responded smiling.

"It's been so long.. You're like even more of a giant now" Johnathan said laughing at the height difference since the last time he'd seen him.

"Yeah I guess." Mike said with a breathy laugh.

They all walked back to Johnathans car and loaded there stuff up in the trunk and made their way towards the Byers new house.

Mike new that he wasn't going to see Will yet and that he was going to see him later but he couldn't seem to stop the growing feeling of anxiety pooling in his stomach and chest the closer and closer the the Byers house.

Nancy seemed to notice this and reached back from the front seat to put her hand on his giving it a small squeeze.

"Hey your gonna be fine okay? I'm gonna be here with you okay you'll be okay."

He took a deep breath and nodded back to Nancy.

The rest of the car ride was a blur to Mike as the pulled up into the driveway of the house.

"You ready Mike?" Nancy asked

"...Yeah I think so" He said.