Twenty Two

Malik

"Dawn what the hell was that?!" I furiously said to her.

"Just don't mind it." parang wala lang na turan nito. 

Napahilamos ako sa aking mukha. The news about Dawn and I has been circulating on the net and yet here she is- calm and at peace? What the hell?

"I do mind that photo, Dawn. Because your bullshit is dragging my name," galit kong sabi sa kausap sa telepono.

"My bullshit? Are you kidding me, Sage? It is us, and yet you are just blaming me?" Nagrereklamong sabi naman nito. Still, my rage is taking over me. Paano nalang kung nakita ito ni Tana? Ano na lamang ang sasabihin niya?

"Just what the fuck is your manager doing? Can't he turn down that ultra-fake news?" 

I am so fucking pissed.

Our family had just gone mount hiking which is why I am detached from my phone. And the moment we returned home, I was welcomed by the news. It was all over the media. 

Yes, I admit that it is me and Dawn in the photo. But that was six years ago! It was a party back then and this game called truth and dare led Dawn to kiss me.

Oo, si Dawn ang humalik sa akin noon dahil sa isang dare ng kaniyang mga kaibigan. I did not even kissed back! Aaminin kong babaero ako but never in my life I flirted with Dawn. After all, their family is our business partner. I don't associate my personal shits to our company. I fucking know boundaries.

So how come that photo resurfaced after years of being forgotten about? At ako? Boyfriend ni Dawn? Since when? 

"Dawn, I am warning you. You will not like it when I am mad." malamig kong sabi sa kausap at pinatay ang tawag.

I went to my received messages and there was Tana's message. Just a freaking sentence and yet meant so much to me. As much as I want to text her back, I can't! I need to fix the problem first so that she will give me a chance to listen. 

Napahilamos akong muli sa aking mukha. Fuck.

Just when Tana first sent me a message and this bullshit happened. 

"Celebrity tactic ba ito?" Tanong ni Silva na may hawak pang isang paper bag ng popcorn na umupo sa sofa.

"Mas maingay kasi ang pagbitaw sa entertainment industry ni Katarina, kaysa sa upcoming project ni Dawn so probably gawa-gawa lang 'yan," sabi pa nito.

She scooped popcorn from the paper bag and ate it as if she is in a movie. "But, if it is a promotion tactic, why associated with you? Diba dapat dating rumors nila ng bago niyang kalove team?" dagdag pa nito.

"Hindi ba obvious? Dawn likes Kuya," sabi pa ng isang asungot na dumating at kumuha rin ng popcorn sa kakambal.

"Yuck!" palatak naman ni Silva.

I swept my hair back in frustrations. Nandito ba itong dalawa para mas lalo akong inisin? Sean took the remote control and turned on the television. Pero mas lalo lamang akong nainis sa natunghayaan roon.

Celebrity News!

Netizens were shocked by the photo that took over the internet. In photos were the rising star Dawn Ingrid Montecarlos kissing her rumored boyfriend, the CEO of Kingsley's, Sage Malik Kingsley!

Montecarlos are known to be a business partner with Kingsley for long years. Indeed a perfect match. A star and a hot businessman.