DONT TALK TO STRANGERS

"What do you think might be down here?" Peter asked, running up behind her as Uriah and Brock bickered behind.

"I have no idea", she said through gritted teeth. "funnily enough I haven't been in here before", she said again.

"What did Four tell you about it then?"

"What do you mean?" She acted coy. Emery knew it would be better to tell them the whole truth, everything she knew and what Four had told her. But she also knew the leaders were watching their every move, and she didn't like the fact she could get him into trouble if she admitted he had given her information.
He had put his neck on the line to keep her that little bit safer, she was hesitant to betray him.

"I saw you two talking, looked very serious and concerning. Not to mention I over heard you asking him about it", Peter explained. Emery rolled her eyes, but her internal voice let out a little yelp.

Shit. She thought. Peter could be vicious when he wanted to be.

"And the fact that he has a crush on you I'm guessing he answered your little wish"

"Four does not have a crush on me, it's just the fat you are so inexperienced in the area you believe any female- make conversation has to be sexual. You're an animal really", Peter snorted at Emery's remark. "and two he didn't tell me anything; the leaders aren't allowed to do that remember. It's supposed to be one fabulous, deathly surprise".

"What ever you say Stiff, but be thankful you weren't an Erudite. A squirrel could pick up the fact he has a thing for you. You'd be kicked out quicker than you could read your name". Emery tied not to but she laughed a little. Peter returned the smile.

Sometimes, only sometimes, rarely even, she guessed she could tolerate him.

They walked on a little more, keeping their guns firmly in their grasp, ready for any man, beast, rat or squirrel they passed.
Emery sure as hell was not dying in here.

They were walking for a while, so long, for a few brief, lovely, peaceful minutes Emery thought they had chosen the right path; she was soon proven wrong.

"Look" Peter pointed at a nearby tree, Emery looked up along with Brock and Uriah, smiling a little as a flutter of hope wiped across their faces.

At first thought, the group were hopefully it was the next part of their map. The next piece of this puzzle they were currently stuck in.
But as Uriah ran over to it, a bullet came out from nowhere and hit him straight in the shoulder.

Hunters.

Like Four had said.

A few of them, armed with guns and knives jumped out from the bushes.
Through all their faults, the bickering, the dislike some of them shared for each other, their team were skilled. They were good fighters, and they were determined to win, and more importantly get out alive and unharmed.

Before the men could shoot another bullet, the foursome began fighting back, even Uriah.
Emery took the first shot and hit one of them straight in the chest. She gritted her teeth, dick. She thought to herself.
He immediately fell to the floor, Peter then hit one in the shoulder and Brock hit one in the leg.
Uriah punched one of them causing him to drop his gun, but then he got pulled aside by another.

Emery observed the scene, acting quickly, running over to the one that Uriah had disarmed and shot him straight in the back, grabbing his real gun off the floor, one that would not just put them to sleep but kill- if that's what she wanted. She pointed it at the man that had Uriah by the neck.

"Let him go", Emery stated firmly, there was no hesitation in her voice, no fear or shame. She wanted the man to know she would kill him if she had, he just laughed.
"Put that gun down little girl, your going to hurt yourself. You really think I'm going to believe that your going to shoot me? With a real gun not with the ones they give the children" He scoffed. Emery laughed back at him. He had no idea