PROVOKE

As Emery woke up, she couldn't control herself to not shoot up again- she hurt everywhere. Places she never realised could hurt so much ached and felt like there were open gashes, when in fact they were purple bruises. Even her eyes hurt, like they had been knocked out of her skull.

Get up slowly, she thought to herself.

She looked at the clock- 6;00AM. At this time, on any usual day, she would have already been out to train, or have been to see Al, however, today she was stuck in there.

Al was hopefully coming out today, which was a glimmer of goodness in all the shit and muck she had gotten herself in.
She desperately wanted to be ready when he did. Emery knew she wasn't really supposed to be leaving till lunch, but why wait?

Emery hopped off her bed, and as soon as her legs hit the ground they hurt. She almost crumbled to the floor, shooting pains as if she were standing on nails.
She groaned, trying to keep it as quiet as possible. She limped out of the ward and into the dark corridors. It was hard to see, and with a slight black eye it wasn't much better.

As she continued to limp down the corridors, she froze to the sound of a sudden door opening.
Shit. Shit.
If anyone saw she was out they would stick her straight back in, no, she couldn't stay there. It was depressing with its groans and moans and head injuries and broken bones.

She scuttled about for a moment trying to see if there was somewhere she could hide or duck behind or run.

"Emery?" Four asked, this must have been the higher ranked dauntless corridor. She swivelled around and gave a small smile through gritted teeth as he came running toward her.

"Oh hey Four" Emery said; trying to act normal and coy. Yes I am supposed to be here. What? They told you I wasn't supposed to be out till later today? What...? Never heard that in my life.

Never. What liars.

She stood still so he wouldn't notice the limp. She felt a little exposed as her legs had nothing on them, the bandages were still fresh so she was just wearing a king t shirt and underwear.

"Why are you here Emery, you're supposed to be in medical?" Four stole a glance at her exposed legs, he swallowed a lump, trying to act like it didn't bother him; or that it wasn't the only thing he was thinking about.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry it's just like horrifically boring over there and I feel fine". Emery said scoffing; lying, badly at that as she buckled a little as her knee gave way.

Definitely didn't notice.

"You can't even stand", he commented, placing a hand on her shoulder to steady her.

Fuck he noticed.

"I don't think it's a good idea Emery, I think you should go back to medical, you're not supposed to leave without permission. And they may not have checked you all over, something might be broken"

"What, no!" Emery said wincing as she held her hip in pain.

"Emery please go back"

"No, I can't-" She planned a whole speech to plead Four to let her stay out, but she was cut off.

"I've signed her out, told the nurses she's under my supervision now" Eric said from behind them. It made Emery jump a little. Dark corridors did well to keep figures a secret.

Eric had obviously been listening in to their conversation and had come out of a near-by doorway. Four glared at him.

"I don't care, she's not fit enough, I'll take a look at her tomorrow but she's definitely not up to it today", Four stated, the two men approached each other slowly, like lions fighting over w piece of meat. Emery held her stomach as she felt it flutter a little.