EMOTION/LESS

After breakfast the initiates gathered in the Pit.
Emery walked there with Christina and Will, they were talking to her but all she could focus on was Four and Eric, who stood waiting for them; looking particularly angry. Especially Four, Eric looked a little more smug than usual.

"Emery?" Will nudged her.

"What?" She glanced at them, Christina sniggered.

"She's too busy drooling over her two guard dogs", Christina joked.

"Am not", Emery defended through gritted teeth. Christina had said it loud enough that people working the amity fields could hear.

Luckily Eric interrupted before Christina could tease her anymore.

"We only have a one and a half weeks left of Physical and then we go onto mental. Today we will be carrying on with aim", Eric said, his eyes traced along the initiates. "Some of you, you know who you are, need your practice", Eric said with a smile on his face; judging the initiates who struggled.

"Grab your knives, and try not to stab each other with them. Remember they're a weapon, not a toy", Four warned.

The initiates were ushered to the targets, not many other initiates had done much knife throwing. It had been gun training, sparring with each other, and how to handle knives, and a little throwing but not much. Emery however had a little advantage, she had practiced with zeke a few times; and she had to say he was a good teacher.

"Wow Stiff, you're good at this" Uriah said smiling, pushing her playfully as her knife whistled through the air and hit a bullseye.

"You're brother is a good teacher", she snickered. Uriah hated his brother getting praise.

"He's an ass". Uriah said smiling.

"Maybe that's why he's been so nice to me", Emery smiled. "He's training me to kill you", she pretended to throw a knife at him and he jumped backwards.

"Oh please, you would miss me too much", Uriah retorted.

The two of them continued, snipping remarks at each other. Emery couldn't help but notice Al though, who was next to her.

This wasn't his strongest area. He had been good at shooting with a gun, but this wasn't his strong suit; he struggled holding the knife properly with his large hands. The more he missed, the more his palms began to grow clammy, panicked as Eric watched like a hawk behind them. His eyes roved, picking the best and the worst, ready to judge and scorn anyone who made a mistake.

Emery sucked in a deep breath when she felt Eric's presence behind her, the shuffling of his large boots in the floor. She glanced toward Al who she could tell grew a little more nervous than usual with Eric's figure watching him closely.

Emery threw another of hers, hitting the bullseyes once again; three of them now sticking out from the same spot. She smiled to herself.

"Good", she heard Eric judge from behind, she glanced at him for a second over her shoulder. He winked at her gently, a smug smile growing in his face. Emery snatched her gaze away, looking back to Al as he tossed the knife around in his hand deciding how to throw.

As he did, Emery grimaced, realising he had released it late in his stance, so it hit the floor instead of the wall; announcing his failure in a high pitched clink.

"Well that was pathetic", Eric remarked. His voice low and husky and soft. Not necessarily loud or angry, but quietly taunting.

"It slipped" Al quickly replied, reaching for another knife, Eric caught his hand.