five

Amity fell back onto her bed, not even bothering to take her shoes or bag off. She was really tired and wanted to rest before seeing Luz, she knew she said she was going to study, but it was a long day. When did Valentina even join the school? Amity had never seen her around.

She was pretty, waist length, choppy, straight black hair, red eyes, long eyelashes... however, Amity wasn't so keen on the vibe she gave off. Who knew what type of person she was? And she was sure Luz didn't know her all too well either.

Maybe she was just a hit and run. Hopefully she was just a hit and run. Amity didn't want Valentina to take her new friend away from her. Or maybe she was just overthinking the whole situation.

Or maybe she just had to keep her gaurd up more. Amity thought that maybe she was too welcoming toward Luz, she opened up too quickly. Would it make sense for her to change the way she acted now?

Amity didn't know. But she'd try changing her personality and attitude a little.. not so that shes unrecognisable, but just enough so she didnt get hurt.

Next thing she knew, she woke up to a knock at her door. Amity scurried off of her bed and to her door, still in a daze and not knowing what was going on. Her hair was messy, her eyes were blurry and teary.

"Hm.." she hummed, opening the door to Luz who stood with a sheepish smirk.

"Thought you died, Blight. I texted you a few times. You fell asleep though, right?" She chuckled, ruffling Amity's hair.

Amity felt her face heat up from the embarrassment. "God.. I- Yeah. I'm sorry... I was so tried and I guess I just-"

Luz cut her off. "Don't be sorry. It's all good. The movie isn't on until another hour and twenty minutes. I only came now since you weren't answering my texts or calls."

"Oh," She sighed in relief. "Good. Uhm.. I'll see you at my dorm or your dorm in an hour minutes?"

"Your dorm. Okay? See you, Blight." Luz waved, turning around and walking off to her own dorm.

Even when Luz wasn't in sight anymore, Amity still stood by the door. "Okay. Bye, Noceda..."
-
Luz entered her dorm, sliding down the wall, head in her hands. Seeing Amity hurt so bad. It was such a fierce pain, it felt as if it were burning her insides. Why? Why did it hurt so much to talk to her? To be around her? She groaned, reaching for her phone and unlocking it.

She texted Valentina, asking her to meet just for 30 minutes.

hey val,, you wouldnt mind coming by for like half an hour just to talk?

It didn't take long until Luz got a text back from her.

of course, i'll be there in literally a minute!

She wasn't lying. Within a minute Valentina burst through the door, huffing and puffing, but she was there.

Luz chuckled, standing up to greet her. "You ran?"

Valentina rolled her eyes, kicking her shoes off and taking off her hoodie. "You never ask to 'just talk'. I know something's up." She sat down on Luz's bed, Luz sat next to her. "Go on." She turned her head and looked at Luz.

"Well," Luz bit her lip, avoiding eye contact. "I don't even know how to word this, dude. It sounds so absurd in my head and it'll probably sound even weirder once I say it out loud."

"That's fine. We'll manage."

She sighed. "I guess.. just- lately seeing Amity and talking to her hurts. But not in the way others might describe pain. It's just weird, and it makes me want to just cry and I don't know what to do. We're supposed to watch a movie in an hour or so but when I came by to her dorm since she wasn't texting back my heart started aching once Amity opened the door and I saw her standing there."