sixteen

Maia giggled, laying down next to Amity on her bed. "Okay, okay! Wait- wait wait." She tried to regain all seriousness but clearly failed miserably, making Amity laugh even harder.

"Oi, hush it! We'll wake up Ed and Em." She snickered, lightly slapping the back of Maia's head. "It's 2 in the morning."

"But you have to text her back!" Maia waved Amity's phone in her face with a text from Luz that said 'i miss u, why didnt u text me today?'

Amity groaned, pushing her phone away. "No, I don't want to! Too much work!" She snorted, causing tears to form at Maia's eyes from laughing.

"You just- fucking snorted!" Maia laughed, snorting to mimic Amity while she got slapped.

"Oh my Titan, shut up!" Amity pushed her off of the bed. "I'm texting Luz now!" She sang.

Maia quickly got up off of the floor and back onto the bed next to Amity, peeking over her shoulder to see what she was writing.

noceda

yeah miss u too
sorry i havent been texting i was js busy w a new friend and shes staying the night so i wont be able to talk right now either

"She's gonna get jealous and think we're going out!" Maia whisper yelled. "And I don't know about you but I don't want her to think that..!"

Amity rolled her eyes. "It'll be fine! Wait, I need to say goodnight to her so she doesn't text me again."

noceda

goodnight

Maia elbowed Amity. "Yikes! So dry to your girlfriend.." She teased.

"Not my girlfriend." Amity shook her head. "Kissed another girl, if she were my girlfriend then that would've counted as cheating!" She proudly grinned as if she had just solved the world's biggest mystery.

"Gross." Maia stuck her tongue out. "Why would she kiss you and then kiss another girl..?"

Amity sighed. "Wouldn't I like to know.. do you have any idea how many other girls she's kissed before me and Val?" She huffed, falling back onto the bed, Maia falling back shortly after.

Maia turned her head to look at Amity and smiled. "I never understood love."

Amity turned to look at Maia. "Huh?"

"Just.. I've never had a crush. All of my friends at school were always talking about the people they liked, and all I could do was sit there and pretend like I got what they were talking about. One time I even asked my friend to pick a crush for me." She closed her eyes and laughed. "It sounds stupid.. doesn't it?"

"No, not at all!" Amity shook her head. "I've heard something about people feeling that, it's totally valid!"

"Mhm," Maia nodded. "I'm aroace, which means having little to no romantic and sexual attraction." She explained, Amity nodding along.

"Ooh, I see. That's cool, glad you've figured yourself out. I know it's hard for some people to just put a label on themselves, but.."

Maia chuckled. "Funny how quickly our topics change. Anyway, how long have you known Luz?"

Amity thought for a minute and hummed. "I'd say about a month? Two months? Not that long at all."

"And you've already kissed twice? My, Amity.. you're dirty." She snickered, narrowing her eyes.

Amity blushed, shoving Maia away. "Ugh, shut up!"

Maia sat up, looking offended. "Hey! Why're you asking an aroace person for love advice? I'm the last person who could help!" She exclaimed.