ten

They got the the park and sat down on a bench. There were a lot of younger kids there, but they didn't really bother Luz and Amity.

"So," Luz began, swinging a sip of her drink. "What do you wanna be when you grow up?" She looked over at Amity.

"Dead."

"Oh."

"Just kidding." Amity chuckled. "I don't know for sure what I wanna be yet, but I'll probably find out soon.."

"Amity, I have a surprise for you, I don't know how you'll feel about it but don't hate me, okay?" Luz looked away, refusing to make eye constct with Amity.

Amity raised an eyebrow and noddled slowly. "Okay..?" But it sounded more like a question than an answer.

"I spoke to principal bump to ask him if I could move in with you and he said yes, please don't kill me, I can always tell him I changed my mind or-"

"Oh, Luz! That's so great!" Amity lept onto Luz and hugged her, laughing. "When are you moving in? Ooh, this'll be so fun, I'm so excited!"

Luz's eyes widened but she slowly hugged back. "I'm surprised you're this happy about it.. I thought you'd get mad, I know you prefer being alone sometimes."

"No, not when it comes to you! I prefer being with you than being alone.. we'll have so much fun! We can watch movies, and bake, and stay up and, and-"

"Okay, okay." Luz chuckled and Amity broke off the hug, sitting back and looking at Luz with a wide grin. "Calm down, Blight. I'm moving in tomorrow, I think. Principal bump really managed to get everything arranged quickly.. at first I was gonna ask to move in with Val, but then I thought about you instead."

"I'm glad you're moving in.. it's been lonely lately. But if you ever have an early work shift and wake me up I swear I'll fucking kill you." Amity narrowed her eyes and crossed her arms.

Luz snickered. "I'll try my best.."

"Oh," Amity started. "Christmas is coming up soon, isn't it? Do you celebrate it?"

"Yup." Luz nodded. "What'd you want for Christmas? Anything specific or?"

Amity shook her head no. "I don't want anything. Don't get me a present, I have everything I wanted already. There's no need. How about you? What can I get you?"

"Nothing, if I can't get you anything then you can't get me anything." Luz said, smirking while Amity grew pissed.

"You can't stop me from getting you something.." She huffed, looking ahead.

"I can," Luz grinned. "If you get me something I'll throw it out and pretend as if you never got me anything."

Amity thought for a minute before saying "Okay, how about this? If i let you get me something will you let me get you something? That's fair, isn't it?"

Luz sighed. "You won't let me off with this, will you? Fine, we can do that. But it better not be something too expensive or too big, I don't want to make you waste your money on me."

"Yup! Same goes for you too, though. Nothing too expensive or too big, otherwise I'll refuse to accept it. Small gifts, okay?" She raised an eyebrow at Luz.

"Yes, sir!" Luz chuckled, putting her hand to her forehead like a salute.

Amity rolled her eyes and hit the back of her head. "Don't act stupid, there's people around."

"Aww.." Luz pouted sarcastically, "am i embarrassing you, Amity? Are you embarrassed to be seen around me? Do you not want people to see us together?"

"I never said that!" Amity hissed, crossing her arms.