eleven

"Oh, okay. Bye." Amity hung up the phone, tears welling in her eyes. She'd have to go and see her siblings, and she won't be back at Hexside for almost a year. She won't get to see her friends for almost a year. More importantly, she won't get to see Luz for almost a year.

How would she tell everyone? "Yo what's up, I'm going away for a few months and I won't see ya until then hahaha."

Absolutely not.

Maybe it'd just be easier to tell them casually than plan a whole huge script on how to break the news.

Amity was leaving in 2 days.

She had 2 more days with everyone until she'd leave them for months. How would she cope?

She'd be back before homecoming though. But she didn't know if she wanted to go as Valentina and Luz are going together. It'd suck to see them like that.

On second thought, maybe Amity didn't have to tell anyone at all. Maybe she'd just text them once she's there, but that'd be cruel.

And she wanted to hug Luz before she left.

She wiped away her tears and shakily sighed. This sucked so bad. Why couldn't Em and Ed live closer? I'm happy I'll get to see them but I don't wanna leave everyone else.

Amity took a deep breath in. "You'll be fine. Everything will be okay." She whispered to herself, just then, Luz flung through the door.

"Hey roomie-" Her wide grin was replaced by a look of surprise. "You're crying."

Amity's eyes widened and she quickly wiped away her tears with her sleeves. "No, I'm not. Oh, I forgot you were moving in. Come to the spare room.. you can get your stuff set there."

Luz placed a hand on Amity's shoulder. "Tell me what's wrong, Amity. I know you've been crying, it's not hard to tell, y'know."

She sniffled and Luz pulled her into a hug, Amity kept herself stiff against Luz's embrace. "Please, stop this.."

"What happened?" She held Amity's head, leaning her chin atop of it.

"I'm going to stay with my siblings."

Luz chuckled softly, making Amity feel the vibrations from her body. "Are they that bad? Bad enough that you're crying?"

Amity squeezed onto Luz's jacket. "I'll be away for months, Luz. I won't get to see everyone for months.."

"What? No, you're joking. Right?" Luz laughed nervously, letting go of Amity and looking her in the eye.

Amity shook her head, her lip quivering ever so slightly.

"Oh, Amity." Luz pulled her into a hug once more.

"It's fine." She pulled away from Luz, hugging herself. "Honestly, it's okay. I'll manage somehow, but I need to tell the others too.. like Boscha, Skara, Willow, Gus..."

Luz nodded. "Yeah, it'd be best if you tell them soon. When are you leaving?"

Amity sighed, fumbling with her thumbs. "In 2 days. It's so soon, and so sudden too."

"2 days? Have they gone mental? Everyone's gonna miss you so much, Amity." Luz frowned,  "I'll definitely miss you the most." She chuckled in an attempt to lighten the mood.

"I'm gonna miss everyone so much, as much as I hate to admit it it's true. Hopefully I'll make new friends over there or something so I'm not miserable for months." She crossed her arms.

"You're my best friend Amity, I'll miss you a lot."

"Yeah, you're my best friends too. I'll miss you a lot too."