nine

The next morning Amity woke up to a text from an unknown number.

She raised an eyebrow.

hey amity!

Amity thought for a moment, debating if she should respond or not. Being curious enough, she thought texting back would maybe help her find out who this actually is.

Who's this?

Surprisingly enough, she got a text back fairly quickly. Her eyes widened once she read over the response atleast 20 times.

yo! its val, luz gave me your #

Amity felt her face heat up, even seeing Luz's name drove her heart and mind crazy. She couldn't stop thinking about the fact that she had kissed her yesterday. Why did she even do it? Amity didn't know.

One thing she did know is that she didn't regret it. Not one bit, and you bet she'd kiss Luz again! Maybe after building up courage though. She was still shaken from last night.

She shook her head and began typing again.

Oh okay, hey valentina. Do u need anything?

hmm, not really! but would you mind meeting me today at the owl house? just for a coffee and a chat! i dont think we stepped off on the right foot, and i'd love to get to know you better!!

Her eyes widened a little. Why was she being so nice to Amity? Was she actually trying to befriend her?

Yeah, sure. What time?

uhh i was thinking maybe in an hour? is that enough time for you? if not we could totally go later! just lmk

An hour's fine, I'll meet you there

That was odd. But there wasn't really but backing out now. Amity knew she'd just have to suck it up and go. If it goes bad she can just make an excuse to leave early by saying she's going to see her siblings for the first time in months.

Surely it wouldn't be that bad though, right?

Right.

Amity sighed, putting her phone back down and pressing her palms into her eyes. She had an hour to get ready to meet Valentina.

So she got up, and walked to the bathroom to brush her hair through. She still wasn't used to it being purple but it was definitely nicer than the green. Atleast she didn't look at similar to her mother anymore.

While making herself toast, her phone pinged again and she expected it to be Valentina cancelling or something, but her heart started pounding hard in her chest when she read it.

noceda

hey ams, val told me you two were meeting up today?

Ams? Amity started giggling to herself, squeezing her phone tight.

Yep. We're supposed to be meeting in like 45 minutes, why?

oh, no reason really.. just wondering because i didnt actually expect you to say yes to her, i didnt think you liked her

Mmm i dont mind her, shes okay, but i guess i dont know her that well, so i'll find out today how i really feel about her y'know?

yeah, have fun!

Thanks luz

-

She finished doing her makeup, a simple look. It was what she usually wore, she didn't want to make herself all fancy just for Valentina. She didn't care much about what she thought of her, so a really good impression wasn't needed.