twenty-seven

"Mittens, have you got everything?" Emira asked, standing with Amity and Edric in the entry.

Amity nodded. "Yeah, I do. Thanks again for letting me stay, you two." She smiled sadly.

Emira sniffled then suddenly pulled Amity into a hug. "I'll miss you so much, Mittens! Come see us again very soon, you can come around whenever you feel like it!" She cried.

Edric chuckled, crossing his arms. "Em, You're gonna suffocate her. Let her go."

"I know.." She let go of Amity and held her by the shoulders. "Are you sure you'll be okay back at Hexside?"

"Of course I will be." She smiled. "I have been for the past while, don't worry about me, Em. Althought I do have to admit I'll miss you two a whole bunch too. It'll be so quiet back at the dorms..."

Edric smiled at Amity. "You'll have Maia, right? You'll have a lot of fun, Mittens. Remember you can call us whenever you feel like it!" He moved closer to Amity and whispered "And don't forget to keep me updated on Luz and Val.."

Emira rolled her eyes playfully. "Ed.." She chuckled. "And remember to send us home coming photos! I need to see what you all looked like, crop Val out of the picture if you feel like it, we don't wanna see her anyway." She shrugged with a smug grin.

"That's right."

Amity snickered. "Yup, okay." She took her phone out of her pocket and turned it on. "I've gotta go now.. I'll miss you guys so much." Her eyes welled up with tears, making them glossy.

Edric smiled and scoffed, hugging Amity. "Now, now. Don't make everyone cry now."

"We'll miss you too." Emira joined in on the hug, squeezing Amity tight.

She broke off the hug and opened the door, grabbing her stuff. "Bye Ed, Em." And closed it behind her, wiping her tears away and beginning the walk to the train station to meet Maia and go to the airport.

-

When she got there, Maia stood by a pole, looking around with her bags in her hands.

"Maia!" Amity exclaimed, waving at the blonde.

Her head perked over to Amity's direction, and she smiled. "Mity! Hey!"

Amity walked quickly over to Maia, dragging her bags behind her. The two stood next to eachother. "Are you excited?" Amity asked.

Maia scoffed, smiling wide. "Are you kidding? Of course I am! I can't wait to meet everyone else." Her smiled slightly dropped, not reaching her eyes anymore. "And I can't wait to kick Valentina's face in.." She mumbled.

"Ugh, Maia!" Amity scoffed, elbowing her.

"Sorry, I didn't mean it!" She snickered, elbowing Amity back. "Anyway, I'm really excited for home coming! We'll have so much fun!"

Amity nodded. "By the way, I forgot to tell you, Willow texted me like last night and she told me there's an after-party at Val's place and we're gonna have to go because literally everyone else is and we'd have nothing else to do after."

"If I get to drink then it's fine." Maia shrugged.

"You drink?" Amity raised an eyebrow and Maia nodded. "I never would've guessed. You don't look like you would, sorry.."

"I hardly do, anyway. I'm scared of alcohol! But I'm only gonna drink then since y'know, it feels special, I guess." She grinned, swinging around a bag. "When will the train be here?"

Amity pulled out her phone to check the time. "It should arrive in literally 4 minutes."

Maia looked down at the ground. "Are you nervous?"