Chapter 5

The ride was silent other than towards the end when she had to give me the final directions to her house since the GPS stopped at the entrance to the neighborhood. When we pulled up a little girl was in front of the yard. She ran over to the car once she saw we were parked in the driveway.
???" Wow mama you got a nice new car"
Scarlett " No baby this is my friend Y/n's car"
I looked past Scarlett and moved to the little girl's line of sight and waved.
??? " hey Y/n, I'm Rose"
Y/n " hello, that's a really pretty name"
Rose " thank you, mister"
I smiled at the little girl, from the corner of my eye I saw Scarlett smiling at us.
Rose " you've got big hands mister"
Scarlett's eyes diverted to my hands and she smirked
Scarlett " Rose honey we don't say things like that"
Y/n " oh it's okay"
Rose laughed with a smile that reached her eyes. Her laugh warmed my heart. These Johansson girls know how to work my heart
Y/n " well I'll get going I have to read over the contract and get ready for tonight. Are you okay or are you gonna need a ride to the restaurant tonight?"
Scarlett " oh no I'll drive myself thank you tho"
I don't know why but my heart twitched with sadness when she said that.
Y/n " well I'll see you later... bye Rose it was nice to meet you"
Rose " Bye mister... can you come to my party?"
Scarlett " rose honey y/n is very busy he might not have time"
Y/n " well when is it?"
Rose " Next Saturday it's my 5th birthday!"
Y/n " oh your 5th birthday I'll be there now that's like one of the most important ones"
Rose " yay thank you Y/n"
She ran over and jumped in the car through the passenger side door and hugged me.
Y/n " well I mean if your moms okay with it?"
Scarlett just nodded her head and just looked at me with an unreadable expression.
Y/n " well I better go I'll see you later Scarlett"
Her expression changed to a more disappointed one
Scarlett " yes, be careful can't have you dying on the first day"
She giggled at her joke. I smiled and watched her close the door and walk towards the front door with Rose in her arms. I backed out and gave them one final smile and drove to the Air BnB.
             The place was a nice little studio perfect for one person. It was all black and fit my style.

I started unpacking my bag

I started unpacking my bag. I start by hanging up my suit and then folding my other clothes and putting them in the drawers. Once I'm done I check the time and see I have about four hours left till I have to go to the meeting, I decided it's probably time to go over the contract. After about 2 hours of reading everything, I felt like it was pretty straightforward. One thing that did check my eye tho was the dress code. I guess Scarlett wants me to wear a suit when I'm on duty. I find that a little strange, I just figured when she went out she would want to keep it low key and having someone in a suit follow you around tends to turn some heads. Other than that I didn't see anything out of the ordinary so I figured tonight would probably go by pretty easily. So I decide to hop in the shower. I ran the shower making sure it was on the cooler side because I hate burning hot showers. I step in and let the water run down my back.
I shut my eyes and of course, my mind goes straight to Scarlett, her laugh, her smile god she was gorgeous. I decided it's probably best I hurry up before I'm late. As I'm finishing up washing my face my mom texts me. She was letting me know she and boss man would not be attending tonight meaning it would only be me and Scarlett. I found it odd that my mom is spending all her time with her boss but now isn't the time to harp on that. I hope I don't make a fool of myself in front of Scarlett tonight.
             I dress in my all-black suit, making a note to text Vinny tomorrow to see if he wants to go shopping since I'm gonna need more suits if that is the chosen uniform. After getting my hair situated and adding some silver accent rings it's about time to head to the restaurant.

                 I pulled up to the restaurant

                 I pulled up to the restaurant. It was very nice thank god I went with the suit look they probably wouldn't of letting me in if I had not. Traffic wasn't as bad as I thought it was gonna be so I'm early. The valet took my keys and went to park the car. I headed inside and was greeted by a model-looking brunette girl.
??? " good evening, you must be Y/n, I'm Samantha and I'll be assisting you with anything you might need."
She says the last part biting her bottom lip with her perfect white teeth.
Y/n " yes that would be me"
I couldn't but chuckle. She was flirting with me, I mean she was hot I could see myself with her or at least on top of her.
Samantha " okay well welcome to lengiue's. Can I get you a drink?"
Y/n " well I'm technically on duty so a coke will do thank you"
Samantha " okay well feel free to Rome the restaurant was reserved for your company only tonight."
I smiled at her and could see a blush form on her face. When she noticed she turned around and walked away. Damn if I knew I was gonna have this effect on the females in Cali I would have came here earlier. I found myself drifting towards the balcony. I step outside and look around. It's so peaceful. The stars are shining so bright and the moon is glistening, then I heard someone clear their throat breaking my peace.
——————————
Hey friends! Sorry for MIA life's been pretty crazy lately but I'm back and excited I've got the next three chapters written out already so they should me posted in no time! Ignore any mistakes!?!?! I'm exhausted but couldn't keep y'all waiting any longer!

Is there anything that y'all want to see specifically? Let me know I love suggestions!

Catch ya later