A Day at the Lake

NOTE: Riftan has a "sixth sense" when it comes to Maxi, but for the sake of this story let's assume Riftan is busy having so much fun with his kids that he's not aware of her 100% of the time. Enjoy a fun day at the lake! : ) 

"Ahhhhhhhhhhh-!" 

Andrew's scream was cut short as he crashed into the water.  

His father had thrown him up in the air and her son made a loud splash as his small body landed in the lake. 

They had been out all morning, playing and laughing joyously without a care in the world. 
"Again! Again!" Andrew cried.  

He squealed as his father picked him up and threw him into the air. The boy screamed with glee as he landed in the lake once more.  
Maxi chuckled as her son found doing the same thing over and over so entertaining. She sat in the shade with her baby girl as she watched her husband and son play in the water.  

"My lady," Elliot said as he approached the lady and her daughter. "I would be happy to watch over Lady Victoria if you would like to go for a swim." 

"Thank you but I'm just fine right here." she replied sweetly. 

"Please, my lady, I insist." Elliot persisted. "Go enjoy some time with the rest of your family. I promise to take good care of the little lady." 
Had it been anyone else she probably would have hesitated, but she trusted Elliot and she knew her daughter would be properly looked after.  

She shivered as she felt goosebumps rise on her skin as she waded into the water. Her swimwear felt tight against her skin as it got wet.  

By now Riftan and Andrew were engaged in an epic war, a splash war.  

She watched her son's valiant attempts to splash his father, but they were futile. Riftan was so much bigger than him and when he splashed his son, the small boy was soaked every time. She was momentarily distracted as she watched the lake water slowly slide down her husband's sculpted back. Nothing she hadn't seen before of course but she was still sometimes in awe of the fact that she was married to such a gorgeous man.  

Maxi had entered the lake behind them, and neither father nor son had paid attention to her quiet approach. She snuck up behind her husband and right as he was about to splash Andrew, Maxi splashed her husband. She used a bit of her magic to create a semi large wave. What was the use of water affinity if not to help support your son in a splash war against his father?  

The young boy burst into a fit of laughter at the sight of the stunned expression on his father's face. Andrew's laughter was infectious, and Maxi soon found herself nearly doubled over with laughter. Riftan's muscles were tense having just had lake water thrown on him unexpectedly. He slowly turned around to face his attacker.  

The shocked look on his face only made her laugh harder. She began gasping for air as she tried to catch her breath. Any man who saw the dark look on her husband's face would have been cowering in fear by now, but she could recognize the subtle hints of joy on his face that he couldn't hide from her. The way he frowned at her and yet the corners of his lips were slightly curved as he desperately fought the urge to smile back at her. Or the way his eyes glared but held a small hint of playfulness behind them.  

For a moment she wondered if the dark look in his eyes was from the surprise of her splashing him or if it was a look of desire as she knew her swimwear was cruelly clinging to her body like a second skin. Probably a bit of both, she mused.  

"Dad! Dad!" the young boy yelled excitedly, "Throw Mommy!" 

His dark eyes locked onto her silvery blue ones. Maximilian froze mid-laugh and her smile faded quickly, meanwhile a wicked grin spread across Riftan's face.