Putting It All On the Table II

Chapter 16

          The five of you sat on the couch as you watched your parents walk back into the living room. They both looked so tired, and I'm not talking sleepy, tired. And weary. Only the Lord knows what the two of them have been facing these past few months. Everyone watched as your dad fixed your moms face up. He gently laid her hair down, while wiping her face. He mouthed things to her but it wasn't loud enough to make out what exactly he was saying. She nodded before kissing his lips. Afterwards she turned to everyone and began making her way to the couch. The water streaming from her eyes almost gave them a shine from far away. As she slowly stumbled over towards the couch, Daniel wasn't tryna take any chances. He placed you on a pillow and started moving away from her. I mean come on, after that HUGE EXPLOSION, who would take a chance with staying still. No one knew what this ladies next move was lol... "I-I don't wanna hu-hurt you Daniel," she said nearly coughing her sentence out. Her eyes were full of remorse. Your mom never wanted to lay her hands on him. But, with all that she was feeling inside, it just happened. None the less, it was unacceptable. After your dad managed to calm her down, she realized what she had done and felt terrible... This person standing before your man was not a monster, just a person broken in so many different ways. Unfortunately, Daniel was the target on the dart board. "I ne-ever wanted to lay my hands on you.." The closer she inched up to him, the more he scooted back. No lie, he was pissed the fuck off still. And he had a reason to be. But at the end of the day, he was such a sympathetic person. "If you don't mind, I'd like to speak to you about why I behaved in such an inappropriate way," she wiped her drenched face, "Please." He looked away from her eyes and at you; he knew that you were facing a lot and that seeing the two of you make up would make you feel better. That's the kinda man Daniel was. He was the type to put aside his pride at the right time. Plus, he genuinely did love you mom. Even though she came at him side ways, he did want to understand what was going through her head... Everyone awaited in anticipation to see what he'd say. The room was so quiet, even a pin drop would be noticeable. "Oh-okay that's fine," he said folding his arms, while nodding his head. "I'm so-so sorry baby," she said reaching for his hand. He unfolded his arm and took hold of her hand. Everyone exhaled. She lead him to the couch and sat beside him. "I'm still a bit alarmed by all that just happened," you noticed your moms hands shaking, "But I want to speak to everyone about whats going on. Please bear with me... I..." "Take your time Mrs. [YLN]... We all here for you the and the Mr. as well." "Thank you everyone," she said looking around. Your dad sat beside her, stroking her back. "First of all, I want to apologize to you all for my behavior... I am a grown woman and I need to set an example for you young adults. What I've done today," she said looking into his eyes, "Was unacceptable and disrespectful to everyone in this room. But I have to be honest with you all. We have been facing a lot of obstacles lately. An-and I just snapped today." "How come," Daniel said in response to your mom, "You didn't reach out for help. My family is your family. Why didn't..." He stopped talking once he saw your mom shaking her head. "Whats wrong?" "You see... And I'm just being honest with you Dig. These past two years, I've really missed my baby girl. Sometimes it's hard to believe she's gone. [Yn] is my only child and I have to admit," she laughed sarcastically, "I can be a bit territorial and protective. Even though I was all for her going to New York," Daniel just nodded and listened attentively, "A part of me didn't want to let go and never has. I guess my mind, its begin to somehow make the connection that you've taken her from me. I see how well your family is doing and I guess I felt like no match," her eyes began watering again, "I just wanted to still be able to contribute to my daughters new life... I just feel like a failure." On that note, your dad had to step it. He wrapped his arms around her and rocked her back and forth, "I just feel like I've let you down [Yn]... All I wanna ever d-do as your mother and be able to pr-provide for you baby," she said looking at you, "So while failing at my duty, along with not having you by my side, I lost my mind. You know [Yn] that ever since forever, anytime I faced something, you were there. Even when your dad and I didn't see eye to eye. Not having you here," she pointed to the ground, "With me made me feel like nothing. I value your relationship so much." It all began to make sense now... Everything did. Your mom and dad hit a rough patch, causing them to feel intimidated seeing another family take care of you. Obviously, your mom was jealous of the relationship you had with Daniel. Not that she wanted him lol, or didn't want you to be happy. She just missed you, very very much. Don't get me wrong, so did your father but the bond between you and your mother was unique. Now that the truth was out, it was time to mend things together. Daniel gazed at your mother. He felt bad that she would think that he had taken you from her. That was never his intent, ever. All he ever wanted was to show that he was capable of being apart of the journey that their daughter was taking into adulthood. Daniel took hold of your mom's hand, "Mrs. [YLN], with all do respect, that's insane. I've never taken her from you. Ever. She will always be your daughter. I could never match up to the role you play in her life." "Yeah mama," you said trying to get up. "Take it easy baby," Daniel said being cautious. You nodded, completely forgetting you fainted moments ago. Seeing your mom and Daniel talk took your mind off of everything else. You took a seat in between your mom and Daniel. The three of your friends just sat on the other couch, admiring such an emotional moment. "Mom, its just that I've gotten super busy. I have so much going on back in NYC. But please, don't ever feel that I've ever forgotten about you mom, or any of you guys. I'm an adult and I deal with adult things. I must admit," you wiped your eyes, "I could have picked up the phone more. Not every time I said I was busy, I actually was. Some days I just wanted my space... But please take no offense. I love you all. And please ma, don't think all is peaches and cream. I have my issues as well as you. I wish I could apologize for my absence but I won't. I'm in a new chapter in my life and I'm adjusted. You gotta understand that I'm an adult now ma," you softly stroked her cheek, afterwards rubbing your fathers hand, "I will always love and value you all in my life. It just hurts knowing you were here suffering so bad." You dad shook his head, "I know baby. We should have opened up our mouths. But we just felt too ashamed. I mean with all that's going on, nothing seemed to make sense." The room was silent after that statement. Progress was being made, and quite beautifully. "I'm always yours daughter, always," you said hugging her, "No one, not even Daniel could ever come in between that okay. I love you parents." "We love you t-too baby."