One Day At A Time

Chapter 10

One Day At A Time

                After spending hours at Uncle Russel's office sketching and reading, you decided to head home and relax even more. Even though you dreaded this day, it was over! Thank God! You felt great about how you handled things with Prescott and seeing Uncle Russ was always interesting. Being at his office brought back awesome memories. You got so carried away with all his books. It was an amazing alone time. Being there by yourself made you feel like the world was shut out; your own place to dwell and hide from all your problems. You needed that, honestly. All you could do at this point was take one day at a time. No matter how tough things got, you always noticed how eventually things would fall into place! So why stress? You'd think after these past two years you'd have learned by now to have more faith after all the obstacles you faced. Guess Daniel was right, you were still learning... "Hey my baby! Oh snap, guess we forgot to lock you up this morning huh?" Champ ran over to you and started leaning on your legs. "Awh, come here!" He was so happy you were home. Usually you and Dan were out all day so he spent a lot of his days by himself. It was about 7:00 at night.... YES, the whole day went by. Just that fast. You placed your bags down and carried Champ to the couch. "I wonder when Daddy will be home." *Bark!-Bark!* "Hahaha, you're so cute baby." You cuddled with Champ as you relaxed on the couch. This was so peaceful, some QT with your baby. "I guess once I tend to you, I'll make myself something to eat and then I'll take a soak. C'mon Champ!" You headed to the patio to check his food and water, then you spent a little time grooming him. Brushing his fur and tickling his belly. While in the middle of playing with him, he stratched your boob! "Yeah, let mommy trim these nails down!" From the previous night he scratched Daniel on accident as well but not in such a obvious spot. After that, you washed your hands and ate some leftovers that Daniel made. He made some bomb ass chicken pasta with garlic bread sticks; not to mention it was all organic. Him and his health kick. Since he was eating right, he wanted you to follow in his footsteps. And the food was actually decent, not bland at all. "That was so good... Hmmm... Let my call my girls real quick!" It's been a minute since you and your girls talked on the phone. Shit. And not some 'ole hi & bye. I mean a real ass convo. They were so busy with there personal lives as well as you. It wasn't like y'all lost the closeness, it was just that every time someone was free, someone else was busy. Hardly in sync with each other! You dialed Monique's number and hoped she'd pick up. "HEEEEY BIIIIIITCH!" Her voice gave you so much comfort! "MONIQUE?! OMG I MISS YOU SO MUCH!!" "Likewise girl... Omg... I'm glad you finally called! Shit, we always call each other at the wrong time!" "Yeah," you scratched your head, "Sorry about last time though..." Haha, last time she called, Daniel was beatin it up so... yeah lol. "It's fine... Nasty tail. You and his freaky ass. I heard him puttin in that work, tryna get me off the line. HAHAAAA! Dig is a trip! How y'all been?" "He's great, as usual girl. Always holdin me down. I been okay." "Hmmm. Don't sound too convincing. Let's see if this other tramp can get on the phone." "Okay girl." You waited for Chelsea to get added to the convo. She was the main person busy, nurse in training! If she wasn't in class, running around doing clinicals or fighting her eyes to stay open for a book, she was asleep lol. Despite not being able to talk to her often, you were proud of her. Monique as well with her cosmetology. She was taking that along with business classes in hopes of opening up her own her salon. For now, she was enrolled to a well known beauty school and intern to a few salons. You were used to your high school besties being one phone call away. Now that you were all working adults, it was hard to catch everyone on the same beat. "HEY [YN]!" "CHELSEA!!!!" "HOW ARE YOU?! I MISS Y'ALL, ESPECIALLY YOU! JUST SEEN MO YESTERDAY!" You were smiling so hard, it felt like a reunion lol. "I'm okay girl, just wanna catch up." Monique spoke, "Me and Chels just spoke the other day. So we caught up but what's been going on witcha?" "Shit, things are a hot mess..." "What's wrong?" "Y'all... Okay so Daniel got this new assistant named Camille... And she's..." "She's gorgeous huh? FUCK! Why he gotta do that?!" "Yeah, so we fought about that... Then made up." Sound like Monique was in the middle of eating something, "I trust Diggy but not that bitch." "Mhm. I agree." "Yeah, keep your eyes on her girl." "I need to. Yesterday when we dropped off something to her, she had this look in her eyes whenever he walked back to the car. I think she wants him..." "Okay, show of hands of all who thinks Diggy is fine as hell?!" "Hahahaha." "Hahaha!!!" "Exactly... He's fine and got it made. Who wouldn't want him? But check this, business is business. She better stay in her lane before I catch the first flight to NYC!" Lol, that girl still got it. Monique was fiesty af. "Yeah... then she gave me this look..." "You told Diggy?" "No! We were on the way to his parents. Didn't wanna start shit. I need more proof." "True." "Yeah. Besides that, that bitch for a professor dropped me from the class. I had to help her style some clients, which in return I was getting a grade for. Turns out that THE BITCHES I HAD TO STYLE WERE TATIANNA!!!" "OOOOOOOH SHIT?!" "THE HELL?!" "YYYEEEESSSS! YOU GUYS HAVE NO IDEA... LIKE THEY WERE BEING SO CHILDISH AND THINGS ESCALATED! ENDED UP THROWING HER CLOTHES AROUND THE APARTMENT AND LEAVING PRESCOTT ON THE SIDE WALK! SHE HAD THE NERVE TO DEFEND THEM AND TALK SHIT IN MY CAR! BIIIIIITCH PLEASE!!!!" "OH MY GOD, THAT SOUNDS SOME CRAZY!" "THATS FUCKED UP, ON EVERYONE PART... DID YOU TELL PRESCOTT THAT YOU KNEW THEM?!" "YEAH, BUT SHE DIDN'T CARE..." They were both speechless. Champ suddenly came from the back and sat on your lap. He barked into the phone. "Hey baby!!! T-T misses you!" "He's licking the phone Chelsea! But yeah.. thats what happened... There's more to it but I don't wanna make our whole talk time about me." "Damn, I mean you good but damn.... Got a fuckin movie for a life... One thing after another.... You gone be okay though girl. I can't even process this shit like..." "Shit." "Everything is okay though. I returned that bitches books today and..." "So you gone fail her class?" "Mhm... And there's absolutely nothing I can do about it either. But don't worry about me girls. I been through too much shit to let this get me down." "Thas right [Yn]." "Yeah. Sorry about all that. I hope we can get together sometime soon." "Me too. I miss you guys so much."