Sunday Funday

Chapter 8

Sunday Funday

                "Babe?" "Yes?!" "You want bacon or nah?" You sat up from the couch to look over at him, "You ought ah know by now that I have an obsession with bacon!" He shrugged and smiled, "Alright alright, just asking in case you weren't in the mood [Yn]." "What the hell is wrong with you?" "What you mean?" "You got some nerve frying goddamn bacon with YOUR SHIRT OFF!" "And," he flexed his chest muscles. "You are a mess, truly." "So what," he walked over to the seasoning cabinet, "You want me to slip one on?" "Haha, its for your safety." "Girl please, I'm a man. I can take it." You had to roll your eyes on that one lol... After he seasoned the eggs, you watched him throw the bacon on the frying pan. "Stop tryna act like that shit don't hurt..." He walked over to you and got right your face, "And you stop tryna act like it don't hurt when I..." "MOVE!" You playfully shoved him before he could finish his sentence, "Back to the kitchen! Make my food!" Lol, he made this face like he wanted to say something smart, but he backed off. "Thats what the fuck I thought!" You blushed and hid behind a pillow. "You're so adorable [Yn]... I can't even stay mad. Haha..." It was a beautiful Sunday so far! After last nights workout, you felt so much stress released from your body. From time to time, those thoughts would run across your mind but being with Daniel helped you focus on what mattered---the present moment. It was 10:45 a..m. Only major plan you had was having Sunday Dinner at his parents house. It had been awhile since you seen them, so it'll be an exciting opportunity. They were literally like a second set of parents to you. These past two years, through all the circumstances you and Daniel faced, they were there for you two. They understood what it was like being a young couple. Still naive and confused to a lot of the right answers and the best way to handle certain situations. The main thing was that you and Daniel had something and they saw that it was genuine. Rev had been a free therapist and mentor for you. Between him and Mrs. Justine, you were well taken care of! While Daniel whipped it up, you laid across the couch and channel surfed. "Its Sunday," you scratched your head, "I bet reruns of Real Housewives is on!" And it was. Nene and Porsha were going at it at some charity event. "I swear, these people stay gettin into it." Daniel overheard you, "What was that babe?" "Oh, no. I'm talking about the TV. I'm sorry about that." "Oh." "Yeah, mind ya business. There you go again, buddin in!" You waited for a response; since it was silent, you got scared. "AAAAAAAAAAAH!" Out of nowhere, he jumped over the couch and laid on you. "What was all that shit, you was talkin?! HUH?!" "HAHAHAHA, OKAY OKAY OKAY! I'M SORRY!" Yeah... he knew all your tickle spots lol... "PLEASE PLEASE STAAAAWWWP!" Champ must have heard you screaming for help because he ran from the back to come check it out. *Bark! Bark!* "Haha, he's waiting for me to see what I do to you..." "He's such a good boy." "Mhm. Don't want nobody messing with you huh? Watch this..." Daniel started tickling you and sho-nuff Champ started barking. "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT, I'LL LEAVE HER ALONE!" Daniel hit you one more time with the pillow before walking back to the kitchen. "Don't pet him, foods ready. I was just waiting on the toast." "Kay!" Moments later, Daniel placed two plates on the coffee table. "Move Champ!" He listened. "Thank you hubby..." "Sure baby." Daniel sat beside you as the two of you ate together. "Ma?" "Mmm?" "What is this we're watching?" "Real Housewives of Atlanta." He looked at you, then rolled his eyes. "Why you watch this petty ass shit?" "Haha, its entertaining!" "I can entertain you way better." "I'm sure you could Daniel." He laughed softly. "Its good babe. As always..." "Welcome." You held your plate in your hand and watched him eat. Softly stroking his curls, you asked, "When we going to Jersey?" "Next half hour I guess. I just gotta drop something off at Camille's on the way." Hearing that name, lol, you still weren't having it. But, you managed to keep your composure. He sat his plate down and leaned back so he could take a good look at you. At the moment, you hair just hung down. You were in a small, fitted but comfy dress and to complete the look, thigh-socks. "That was good." "Yeah." Your plate was now on top of his. You scooted closer to him and leaned on his shoulder. "What you thinking about Daniel?" "Nothing honestly.. Its just the first time in awhile I've been able to sit and enjoy another great breakfast with my baby. Been rippin' and runnin'. Meetings here, shows there... Sheesh." "I know. I missed this." "Me too." His soft lips pecked your forehead a few times. "I'll take the plates into the kitchen." Carefully, you picked them up and quickly washed them out. That and the frying pans he used. "Gotta get ready for Ma and Pops now." You walked over to the couch and stood in front him, "Shall we?" "Hahaha, we shall." The two of you headed to the back to get ready.