C H A P T E R 6

I changed into my nightwear and did my routine before plopping down on the bed and staring at the ceiling for a moment.

I glanced at the bedside table and saw a telephone. I reached it and dialed my mother's number. It rang for a few seconds before someone picked up.

"Hello?" She answered, and I smiled as I heard her voice again.

"Hey, mom how are you?"

"Oh, hey sweetie, I'm doing just fine. How about you?" She asked.

"I'm staying at my neighbor's house tonight because Aunt Tessie got a date and she doesn't want me alone in the house, so she let me sleep over here." I chuckled as I told her about Aunt Tessie finally getting a date.

"No way, Tessie got a date?" She laughed.

"Yeah, can you believe it? After years of not wanting to have a boyfriend, she finally got a date." I laughed as well. Aunt Tessie has a boyfriend, but they broke up and said she doesn't want to have one for a while.

"By the way, mom we're flying to Los Angeles this Friday to represent the USA at the goodwill games and Aunt Tess already agreed to it." I proudly told her.

"Really? That's ni-" Her sentence was cut off as she let out a cough.

"Mom, are you okay?" I furrowed my eyebrows in worried.

"Yeah, I'm totally fine." She says, but her voice was weak this time. "Okay, El I gotta go now I'm very tired from work. Goodnight, I love you."

"Good night and I love you too, mom," I replied before the line disconnected as she hangs the phone.

I sighed, putting the phone back on the bedside table before laying back down on my bed, closing my eyes, and didn't realize that I had fallen asleep.

****

I woke up feeling dehydrated and glanced at the clock beside me, I groaned as I saw it was 3:30 am before getting up from the bed to get some water feeling my eyes still heavy.

The hallway was dark as I got out of the room but still managed to get downstairs.

I grabbed a glass from the shelves and poured some water in it, I sighed, feeling the water refresh my throat, and put it in the dishwasher before going back upstairs.

I yawned and rubbed my eyes as I got into the room, closing the door behind me before laying down on the bed, and drifting back to sleep.

****

I groaned as I woke up with someone breathing on my neck and something heavy on my waist.

I frowned in confusion before slowly turning around, I froze and my eyes widen as I saw Banks sleeping with his arms around my waist, his face only inches from mine.

His eyes opened slowly and saw my shocked face looking at him. We silently stared at each other for a moment before immediately sitting up on the bed.

"What are you doing here?! You pervert!" I shouted, hitting him with a pillow before snatching it from me.

"What are YOU doing here?! This is my room." He shouted back, glaring at me.

"Your room? I'm pretty sure it's mine." I sarcastically laugh, shooking my head.

"Well look around the room darling, I'm sure it'll prove my point." He smirked as I glanced around the room, ignoring the nickname he gave me.

He's right, it's actually his room, the wall was painted navy blue unlike the room where I was staying, then different posters were hanging on his wall and a mini couch on the end of his bed, then there was a door across from us. His room was quite nice.

"So, I think you're the pervert here." He says, I averted my eyes from his room to him.

"I'm not! I didn't even know how the hell I got here!" I exclaimed, glaring at him then someone suddenly burst into the door.

"Who the hell was yelling at 8 in the morni-" Alex didn't finish his sentence and slowly smirked as he saw his brother and me sitting on the bed together with frowns on our faces.

"You two slept on the same bed? I'm so gonna tell mom." He laughed in amusement before running out of his brother's room.

"No! Alex, wait! It's not what it looks like!" Banks exclaimed, chasing his older brother downstairs.

I sighed, shooking my head before getting up from the bed and going back to my room, preparing myself since Aunt Tess, will be picking me up after breakfast.