C H A P T E R 17

We were practicing all day for us to improve better which of course with a little fun and games.

We even took a day off the ice to exercise at the gym, as Coach suggested. But that was yesterday, and now we're back on the rink, endlessly shooting pucks at Goldberg who was standing in front of the goal, trying to save the puck that he can save, and I'm surprised that I didn't hear a single complaint from him.

I turned to face Coach, who was beaming proudly at us. I thought about it before deciding I had to say it.

I sighed as I skated near Coach Bombay, while the rest of the team was still engaged in hitting pucks.

"Hey, Coach can we talk for a sec?" 

He looked at me, puzzled, but nodded nonetheless. Pulling me aside so the Ducks couldn't hear our conversation.

"Um... I know it's none of my business, but could you check Adam's arm later after the practice? It seems like his injury is pretty serious. I'm just worried it might get worse." I stated, slightly biting my bottom lip in worry.

Coach nodded in understanding and then smiled at me. "Thanks for informing me, Adelaide. I'll make sure I'll check him later,"

I just nodded back and muttered a 'Thank you' before returning to my teammates.

After practice, we all proceeded to the locker room and went straight to the shower. 

We all began walking out of the locker room, looking and smelling good, as we made sure we were finished. When I noticed Connie drinking juice, I grabbed it from her.

"Hey!" She frowned and I laughed at her expression.

"Why? Am I not allowed to share?" I pretended to pout.

"Ew, stop doing that face!" She scrunched her face, snatching her drink back.

"But if it's Guy doing it, you'll say it's cute." I scoffed and she laughed.

I looked through my duffel bag for my water bottle since I was thirsty, but it wasn't there.

"What is it?" Connie asked as I frustratedly continued to look at my water bottle.

"My water bottle, I think I left it in the locker room. You go now, I'll be right back." I began walking a little faster toward the locker room after Connie nodded at me.

I was about to enter when I heard sounds that caused me to freeze in my tracks.

"No! You can't do that." I heard Banks' voice.

"Adam, you could injure yourself permanently." Coach Bombay tried to explain, but Banks still somewhat tried to protest. "You can't bench me. I gotta play. All the scouts are here watching me. This is my shot."

"You're young and you're gonna have plenty of shots, believe me," Bombay assured.

"But my dad's counting on me." Banks explained as he continued to try.

"I'm sorry."

It fell silent, and I assumed it was time to leave, but I halted again when I heard what Banks said.

"Did El tell you about this? I saw you two talking earlier," he asked, his voice irritated.

"Yes, she said she was concerned about you, Adam, so you should be as well."

I glanced down at my feet before walking away this time, forgetting my water bottle.

****

I was once alone in the dorm, reading a book, and the two girls went out to God knows where. 

Someone knocked on my door as I was about to flip the page of my book. I stood up, sighed, and headed to the door, which I opened.

Bombay and Banks were standing in front of my dorm, which surprised me.

"Um, yes?" I asked, unsure what else to say.

"Hey, sorry for disturbing you. I was about to take Adam to the clinic to check his arm, but Hans told me he needed me there right now." Bombay smiled, and I nodded, but I still questioned, "Why can't Charlie do it? I mean, that's his best friend."

Bombay simply shrugged. "I'm not sure where he is; I was looking for him as well."

Damn it, Charlie.

"All right, I'll leave now," he said, smiling as he walked away, leaving me with the blond boy.

I stepped out of the dorm, closing the door behind me.

"Do you even know where the clinic is?" I asked, to which Banks shook his head.

"Did you ask Coach Bombay where it is?" I questioned once again, and he shook his head.

"Gosh, Banks! How am I supposed to take you to the clinic?" I grumbled.

"How should I know? This is my first time getting injured here in this place." He responded matter-of-factly, rolling his eyes at me.

"Whatever, come on, let's go find it ourselves," I sighed and began walking away to find the clinic with him following behind me.