C H A P T E R 24

Our game ended two days ago, therefore today was the day we got to go home.

Aunt Tess and my mother went home early yesterday since they had stuff to do with their work, which was fine with me.

We were all waiting to leave at the airport, and I sighed as I rested my head on my boyfriend's shoulder.

Yeah, calling him my boyfriend seemed strange at first, but I'll get accustomed to it.

"Hey, are you okay?" he inquired quietly.

I made a hum. "I'm just going to miss this place; there are so many memories in here."

"Yeah, this place is also where I became your boyfriend." He smirked down at me.

I didn't say anything, simply shook my head and laughed faintly. After hours of waiting, it's finally time to board the plane.

****

"Finally, it took you long enough!" Averman exclaimed as Banks and I approached with our fingers intertwined.

We were out here having a bonfire party at almost midnight. Banks kissed my cheeks before separating our fingers and sitting between Mendoza and Jesse, I huffed and sat between Connie and Julie, and Guy sat beside Connie.

We had a brief period of stillness as we burned our marshmallows, but it was interrupted shortly when Goldberg panicked and shook Charlie's shoulder, who was seated beside him when his marshmallow caught fire.

Charlie suddenly panicked, seizing the stick from Goldberg and repeatedly stomping on the fire on the marshmallow.

"What are you trying to do? You're not supposed to light it on fire," Charlie pointed out, making us giggle.

"I've paid my dues. Time after time." Averman began to sing, and Dwayne, who was seated beside him, began to play his guitar.

We all smiled before singing as well.

"I've done my sentence. But committed no crime," we all sang as I wrapped my arms around Connie and Julie's shoulders, swaying to our side as we jammed.

I felt someone staring at me as I sang. I looked up and see Banks smiling lovingly at me.

I giggled, waving at him. He laughed with a shooked in his head and waved back at me.

The night continued as we sang and enjoyed ourselves after days of hard work to win the game.

And I'm glad we did.

****

"Yes! I finally make the cookies without burning them."

As I placed the cookies on the counter, my mother chuckled.

"Yeah, I'm actually surprised you didn't burn down the house though." My mom laughed again as I huffed before taking a single cookie and tasting it.

"Wow, it's actually delicious."

"See, I told you so," I chuckled proudly before eating a cookie.

"So, where's your boyfriend? And why didn't you invite him today?" my mother said.

"He's busy." I simply answered with a shrug.

"Hmm, I think he's not."

My brow wrinkled in response. "What exactly do you mean?"

"Because I invited him over, and he's on his way now," my mother shrugged as she sipped her coffee. My eyes widen as I struggle to grasp what she said before saying out.