C H A P T E R 12

Banks went to face off against the player from Iceland but was pushed harshly as the whistle blew off. Then the team Iceland got the puck, skating his way to our goal successfully shooting it as the alarm went off.

"You're off Goldberg!" Bombay yelled. Then I saw Banks get onto our bench as he and Guy switched, sitting down beside me.

I sighed, pursing my lips as I saw his sour expression.

"So what happened to the 'we will win because the team got me'?" I teased, trying to lift his mood even just a little. But looks like the boy was not in the mood to joke around because he ignored me.

I blew out a puff of air and just faced the game.

Then Julie suddenly pushed the two guys from the team Iceland and the referee kicked her out of the game before she could even play.

"Fulton! Get out there and blast one!"

Fulton nodded and followed Bombay's orders, getting out of the bench. He went to the middle of the ice rink ready to show off his famous shot but as he shot the puck the goalie easily caught it with his glove.

"Banks." Bombay gestured for the boy beside me who nodded at him, slipping his helmet on before leaving the bench.

Banks skated toward the enemy's goal easily avoiding the players who were attempting to knock him down. I cheered loudly as he successfully shot the puck in.

He cheered, putting his arm up in the air then suddenly someone from the team Iceland hit his arm with a hockey stick.

"What the hell!" I yelled before immediately getting out of the bench to check on him.

"Hey, hey, are you alright? Is it hurt?" I asked as the rest of our friends left after checking on him if he was fine.

"Yeah, I'm fine." He assured, removing his hand from the hockey glove with a hiss.

I breathe heavily. "You don't look fine."

"El, I said I was fi-"

"I'll be right back." Without thinking I angrily skated my way to the guy who hit him.

I whistled to get his attention and luckily, he took his helmet off. I know he's twice the size of me but I'm still tall enough to reach him. I removed my hockey gloves before punching him hard enough on the cheek. You could hear the crowd and my friends gasp as he fell on the ice.

And it felt good.

The referee blew the whistle pulling me away from the rink. "You're out of the game miss."

My team began throwing complaints at the referee who was escorting me out of the rink.

I huffed as I sat on the bench in the locker room with Julie.

"That punch was cool though." The blonde-haired girl grinned at me.

"He deserved it."

We both chuckled before watching the game proceeds on the TV.

Finally, the intense game stopped as the team Iceland won.

Now we were all standing or sitting in front of our coach, waiting for him to scold us.

"Twelve to two."

"Twelve to two." He repeated. "You know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Hmm?"

"Pathetic!" He exclaimed. "You guys were brought here to play hockey."

"What about you?" Jesse interjected.

"What about me, Jesse?" Bombay asked back.

"Coach Stansson knew everything about us! They were ready for us!" Julie yelled, who was sitting beside me.

"And you spend your time driving around in convertibles talking to those sponsor fools."

"He's right," I spoke up, agreeing with Mendoza's statement.

"Or hanging with the Iceland lady," Fulton spoke up, exposing our coach. "We saw you two Saturday night."

"Eating ice cream with the enemy, huh, coach?" Dean added.

I scoffed in disbelief and frowned at our coach while the others looked at him in disbelief.

"Hey. Hey, what I do is none of your business. Is that clear?"

I scoffed again but loudly enough for Bombay to hear it.

"You got a problem with it, Cromwell?"

I sarcastically laughed at him. "You think hanging around with the enemy is okay now coach?"

"You know I'm disappointed with what you did out there." The room became silent as he harshly said that to me.

"What? By punching the enemy for hurting Adam?!" I exclaimed, furrowing my brows at him.

Bombay closed his eyes as he was trying to calm himself. When he got nothing to say we all stood up and tried to take our pads off, but our coach stopped us.

"Don't take those pads off!"

"Um, why the hell not?" I answered.

"Because we have practice."

Goldberg stared at him in horror. "Tonight?!"

****

It was 8:30 am and I had my head on my arms which were supported by the armchair. Miss Mackay was trying her best to wake us up to focus on class, but it was no use.

Last night Bombay made us do the sprint for what felt like forever until our legs became numb.

I never felt more relieved in my life when Miss Mackay told us to go back to our dorms to rest.

As we three girls arrived at our shared dorm without a word we plopped down on our bed, dozing off without realizing it.