C H A P T E R 8

"Ladies and gentlemen, American Airlines welcomes you to Los Angeles. The local time is 2:30. For your safety and the safety of those around you, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened and keep the aisle(s) clear until we are parked at the gate."

I woke up from the voice speaking through the speakers. As I moved from my seat, I felt heavy on my shoulder, I look down to see Charlie sleeping with his head leaning on my shoulder, my Walkman around his neck.

"Charlie, hey wake up we're already here." I softly said to the sleeping boy, gently shaking him. He lifted his head and looked around his surroundings, seeing as the rest of our friends were already standing up before glancing back at me. His cheek heated up and quickly pulled away from me as he realized the position he was in.

He didn't say anything, he just stood up from his seat and awkwardly grabbed his things from the compartment.

I pursed my lips, trying to contain my laugh from his awkwardness. I shooked my head before standing up as well to grab my things and then followed the rest of my friends out of the plane.

I linked my arms to Connie's as we all walked around, looking at our surroundings in amazement.

"Say cheese!" Connie and I posed for the picture as Julie held the camera in front of us.

"We three should take a pic together."

I looked around trying to find someone available enough to take a picture of us.

"Bingo," I muttered, marching my way to the boy who was having a conversation with his best friend.

"So which of the two of you can take a picture of us?" I asked between Banks and Charlie. Before Charlie could speak up, Banks already beat him to it.

"I'll do it." I raised my eyebrows in surprise, not expecting him to do it.

Yeah I know I asked but still.

I hand him Julies's camera without saying a word before going back to the girls.

Banks took many pictures of us with different poses until it was enough.

"You okay there?" Julie asked the blond-haired boy after handing back her camera. Banks blinked a few times before shooking his head slightly.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I?" He replied, his face heating up then walking away without another word.

"You know Julie, I think Banksie likes you," I stated.

"Are you sure Julie's the one he likes?" Connie said, raising her brows at me.

"What do you mean?" Confusion was plastered across my face as I looked at them.

"Oh my, I love you but you are oblivious sometimes." The blonde-haired girl chuckled, shooking her head slightly.

"Wha-?" Connie didn't let me talk as she wrapped her arms around me. "How about we forget about it and enjoyed ourselves here?" The three of us grinned before following our friends.

****

"She scores!" The announcer exclaimed through the speakers as I scored the goal causing the crowds in the stands to cheer loudly.

I proudly put my arms up in the air as I cheered before I was tackled in a hug by my friends.

Now it was Jesse's turn to shoot the puck in but failed as someone from the opponent purposely fell in front of him causing him to slide down on the ice.

Jesse stood up and approached the guy, pushing him harshly which led him to the penalty box.

"This will be good." I grinned as the bash brother stood up from their seat.

The crowd went wild as both of them were checking out each opponent, trying to get to the goal which was successfully scored. I jumped from my seat in excitement, cheering loudly.

I sat back in my seat, drinking water then heard Banks and Charlie talking about something. I didn't mean to eavesdrop it just happen that I heard them.

"Hey, you got a girl in the stands?" I heard Charlie ask.

'Banks with a girl? Nah I can't imagine that.'

I grimaced as I thought about it. Wait why do I care? I shouldn't be caring if he has a girl or not, right?

"No. Scouts, man. Look at 'em." Banks replied, not tearing his eyes away from the stands.

"Don't worry about scouts, Adam. Just play your best." Charlie assured his best friend, playfully nudging him to lighten his mood up then they both simultaneously glanced at me as they noticed me quietly sitting beside Charlie.

"What?" I asked in a harsh tone to cover up the fact that I was listening to their conversation.

Then the crowd cheered loudly as our opponents scored but in the end, we still won as Connie passed the puck to Kenny who successfully shot the puck into the goal.

"We won! We won!" I yelled out of happiness, getting off the bench and then attacking my friends in a hug.

After the game, we left the ice rink to go back to the dorms that were given to us.

I was sharing a dorm with Connie and Julie while the boys since there were many of them, were given two or three dorms but I don't know who shared who.

We freshen ourselves and changed into the U.S.A pants and jacket. We will be going down again in a few minutes to have an interview with Coach Bombay and Tibbles.

"I'm excited and nervous at the same time," Connie says, shaking her hands and jumping up slightly from her spot.

I giggled at her, brushing my hair while looking in the mirror.

"Hey, guys which one is better my hair up or hair down," I asked, showing them my hair.

"Impressing someone are we?" Julie smirked at me. "But hair up is better."

I scrunched my face at her words. "I was not impressing Charlie," I said while tying up my hair in a loose ponytail.

"Julie didn't say who." I glanced at the two girls who were smirking at me. I felt my cheeks heat up at the realization.

"Whatever. We better get going now the others must be waiting for us." I said, ignoring the girl's laugh, and make my way to the door.