What Happiness Means To Me

I hope you all enjoy the story from start to finish. As you read, don't forget to star, comment and follow me for story updates and more!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter One

What Happiness Means To Me

༒༻𝕹𝖆𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖔༺༒

March 12, 2000

"Naruto Uzumaki!"

Girlish giggles and boyish snickers followed the outraged shout of his name. Annoyed, the teen in question raised his head, wild blonde locks mussed, right cheek shiny with drool. Drowsy blue eyes snapped a question at his disruptor.

Iruka.

"If you cannot stay awake in my class then you don't need to attend it! Grab your bag and excuse yourself. Principal Shimura is already waiting for you in his office."

Naruto stood, yawning as he grabbed his bag, tossed his unopened textbook inside, then weaved through desks towards the door.

"Straight to Principal Shimura's office this time! I mean it Naruto, no detours!"

More mirth followed him as he closed the door behind him, a frown etching his lips, annoyance flaring to life. Bunching his fists in his school corridor, Naruto contemplated storming back in and knocking the man's teeth down his throat...and finding his ass right in juvie for another few mind numbing months. His fists unfurled with an agitated click of his teeth.

Wasn't worth it.

Fuckin Iruka, waking him up over something so fuckin stupid.

No detours.

Right.

Sparring not a glance behind him, the teenage degenerate headed in the opposite direction of his scheduled lecture with Principal Asshole.

Technically, cutting class all together wasn't a detour.

His new school was old and looked it.

Stained walls that would never have that clean, tidy look unless you added a fresh coat of paint of whatever weird shade of gray that was, tiled floors that had definitely seen better days. Beat up blue lockers, shitty fluorescents and crappy old windows so blurry struggled to leak through.

He trudge through empty hallways, jogged sedately down two flights of stairs and out onto the track field. He stopped at ornate wrought iron gates, gripped a bar in one hand and the brick pillar in the other then heaved himself up, hooking his foot in several notched, and climbed over the fence. He touched down outside school grounds and began walking, pulling what was left of this morning's wake n' bake from his pocket as he wandered into the dense woodland. He lit up and inhaled, puffing clouds below tall shady trees as he took a familiar path back to civilization.

School was really starting to piss him off despite only just starting a month ago, a new record. It usually took two months before his already rickety self control snapped like a toothpick, but lucky him, this new 'educational' correctional facility wannabe was really pushing for the top spot in his long list of specialized behavior institutes.

One man in particular, seemed determined to push his goddamn buttons.

Danzo Shimura was Konoha Leadership Academy's warden, an irritating, ex-military meathead.