All Smiles and Sunshine

Chapter Nine

All Smiles and Sunshine

༒༻𝕹𝖆𝖗𝖚𝖙𝖔༺༒

March 23, 2012

Bright yellow sparks flashed across the reflective lenses of his dark goggles, a high pitched whine keened a muted hum even through the ear plugs tucked against his eardrums.

Naruto whistled an upbeat tune as he worked, bruised hands steady on the handle and base.

Maintenance usually brought his mind to focus, the routine, almost ritualistic motions honing his mental solely on the task at hand, but today, his mind was filled with lavender eyes, dark hair, and a body that had more curves than corkscrew.

Hinata.

She was even more fuckin adorable up close.

Small and soft, delicate like she'd snap in half the first time he got his hands on her.

Despite the shitshow last night devolved into, their first face to face had prove far more fruitful than he would've thought. Information gathering was one of the first things he'd learned living on the street; a skill he'd further honed under merciless intel collecting exercises and kinesics lectures obnoxious, know-it-all-Kabuto bludgeoned him and the others through, and Naruto had used that knowledge shamelessly.

The things he'd learned in that brief amount of time...

He grinned, flipping the handle in his hands and pressing the metal forward, restarting the dulled whine.

His poor little bunny.

She was going to be easy to manipulate.

She felt shit he didn't.

Guilt.

Shame.

Embarrassment.

She cared about shit he didn't.

Manners.

Right and wrong.

Feelings other than her own.

She had a staunch moral compass that was gonna steer her right into his hands.

Apologies flowed from her lush mouth like a broken dam, something he found fascinating since she actually seemed to mean the words he threw around and forgot about the moment they passed his lips.

He closed his eyes a brief moment, relishing echoing memories of her soft, sweetly melodious voice whispering her sincere 'sorry', her pale eyes pleading forgiveness, searching his own for acceptance of the words she felt to the depths of her little heart; tiny hands clasped together in nervous contrition, her petite body radiating sorrowful remorse like a space heater turned on high in a cold room.

He'd felt it.

The heat of it, blazing like a beacon.

She had the most amazing fuckin emotions.

Potent and fuckin addicting.

There was pureness to them he'd never seen in another person, an openness to her expression that was kinda fuckin lewd.

He felt like a peeping tom staring through the window of her naked core.

Gave him a rush, a hunger to devour each end of her wide range of feeling and every passing physiological response in between.