SEVEN - CELEBRATORY DRINKS

Tony did a double take at the television screen mounted on the wall of his workshop when he saw Sasha's face on the news.

"Friday, pause the music, turn on the TV sound."

A playlist of late 80s rock had been all Tony had heard since he walked downstairs eight hours ago, keeping the TV on mute while he worked.

The room fell silent for a moment but the sound from the TV soon came through, Sasha's voice and a plethora of camera clicks and voices from reporters pushing microphones towards her, only to be held back by a wall of burly men dressed in all black.

She was stood on the steps outside the court house in uptown New York, a proud look on her face as she addressed the cameras. Tony could tell by the way her jaw was clenched that she was trying her best not to let her face break into the huge smile it was desperately holding back.

He folded his arms, placing down the wrench onto a workbench in front of him as he listened, his eyes glued to the screen.

"My team and I would like to extended our thanks to everyone that's supported us throughout this case, all the long hours and coffee runs have been worth it. I'm ecstatic for my client to finally get their justice, and for them to begin this next chapter of their life. That will be all, thank you."

She nodded in thanks to the reporters before being ushered into the back of a saloon car with tinted windows by the small army of men, the cameras filming the car disappearing into a sea of traffic heading downtown.

Tony laughed quietly to himself, shaking his head before pulling out his mobile phone from his back pocket and giving Sasha a call.

"Coulson." She finally answered after seven rings, a low rumble of a car moving was droning behind her voice.

"Congratulations on solving your murder, you looked great on TV by the way, don't worry."

Sasha rolled her eyes when she heard Tony's voice, never bothering to check who was calling her since she usually didn't have the seconds to spare.

"I wasn't worried. Also, how many times do we have to go through this? I'm a lawyer, Tony, not a detective."

He scoffed, "I know, I'm messing with you, moron. Celebratory drinks at O'Sheas? First rounds on me."

The line went quiet for a moment as Tony dusted his hands clean, throwing tools back into drawers and closing down holograms he had popped up across the workshop.

"Oh, that's so nice of you, Tony, but I can't tonight. I actually, I have plans, for once."

She laughed but Tony could tell she felt awkward about declining his invitation. Admittedly, he also felt awkward about getting a rejection, especially from someone who he thought had no other friends besides him.

"Oh you have plans, huh? Is it that surfer from the bar? Have you changed your mind about him?"

He heard her chuckle quietly before inhaling sharply, "It's not with Robbie. As a matter of fact, I have plans with Steve."

"Wow, Rogers finally found the balls to ask you out, did he?"

Sasha smiled as she held the phone to her ear, thinking about when Steve had called her out of the blue last week asking to take her out on a date. They'd been texting here and there, but Sasha had slowly given up toying with the idea of ever going on a date with him since it seemed like he was never going to ask. Only clearly, he was just biding his time to pluck up the courage.

"He did, we're going to a steakhouse uptown, he said he knows a place for cocktails near by. I didn't have him pinned as a cocktail kind of man, to be honest."