FIFTY ONE - BILLIONAIRES ROW

The sharp buzz of the intercom snapped Sasha out of a mindless daydream, drawing her to her feet as she headed through her new home towards the front door, holding down a button on the keypad with her fingertip.

"Good afternoon, Miss Coulson. I have a Mr Tony Stark here for you, ID checks have been completed."

"Thanks Henry, you can send him up."

"Not a problem, he'll be with you momentarily."

Sasha sighed and lingered around the front door, pacing back and forth with her nails between her teeth, a habit she'd picked up over the past six months without even realising it.

After heading home from O'Shea's the previous evening, Sasha got a phone call from Tony. They hadn't spoken at all that day, Sasha's mind being far too scrambled to send so much as a text, though she felt a lot clearer after her therapy session with Robbie.

Tony had called just to check in, leaving Sasha to reassure him that everything was fine and she had just been busy, and that there was no other reason for her lack of communication that day. Although her answer had been a lie, the sigh of relief she heard Tony exhale told her she'd made the right decision about holding off on telling the truth until they were face to face.

Both of them had a Sunday that was free of any prior engagements, leaving Sasha with no excuse to push back having the conversation with Tony that she'd been dreading. She'd woken up far earlier than usual with the weight of the day on her mind, and had been unable to stomach any food due to the ravenous anxiety swirling around in the pit of her stomach.

The knock at the door felt like it arrived far too quickly for Sasha's liking. She held back for a few moments before swallowing the lump in her throat and unlocking the door, pulling it open with a gentle smile tugging on her lips.

Tony was stood in the hallway with his hands in the pockets of his jeans, a black t-shirt hid the arc reactor while a navy nylon biker jacket covered his torso, left lazily unzipped with a pair of blue lensed glasses tucked into the front pocket.

"Entire floor to yourself, ID checks downstairs, what is this, Fort Knox?"

He grinned and placed a hand on Sasha's waist, pressing his lips to her cheek before walking past her inside her home, his eyes being drawn to the high ceilings before he instinctively walked towards the large windows, an endless sea of green from the Billionaires Row view of Central Park seemingly catching his eye.

Sasha closed the door behind him, flicking just one of the three locks closed. She admired him for a moment, smiling to herself as she saw the way the windows framed him and the golden sunlight poured over him like honey, staging him like the King she knew he was.

"Can never be too safe." She said.

Tony turned to glance over his shoulder at her, noticing the way her eyes fell to the ground after she spoke. He just nodded once, a sensation comparable to a knife twisting in his gut overwhelming him for a handful of seconds.

"Coffee? Tea?"

Sasha had wandered across to her kitchen, smiling at him from across the island. Her new residence was far more homely than her previous apartments, a warmth radiated from brighter fixtures and fittings, white walls and large windows overlooking natural surroundings instead of high rise buildings seemingly in touching distance from each other.

"Coffee would be great, thanks."

She nodded and turned her back on Tony, tensing up for a moment as her mind drew a blank on her actions, making her freeze on the spot.

Tony narrowed his eyes, craning his neck as he looked back from the windows across the large room at Sasha, "You alright?"

"Yeah," Sasha just nodded, not turning around as she started to open and close cupboards until she found what she was looking for, "New place, can never remember where I unpacked anything."