FIFTY THREE - MONDAY MORNING

Monday morning seemed a little less heavy when Sasha's alarm woke her from a peaceful slumber at six-thirty.

Her new bed felt like she was sleeping on a cloud and with Japanese silk sheets against her soft skin, being torn away from a dream about her fiancée by a blaring iPhone shrill was only half of the problem, being able to actually get out of bed was almost impossible.

Still pitch black outside, Sasha opened the curtains and bathed in the glow of New York City's technicolour vibrancy for a long moment, a smile on her face at such an early hour, something that felt like it had never occurred before.

She couldn't quite comprehend how little over five months ago she was living in a world where Tony Stark didn't belong to her, and now she was promised to be his wife. The term whirlwind romance came to mind, and although that was quite a fitting way to describe their relationship, it was so much more than that beneath the surface.

They'd only known each other for eighteen months and yet they'd experienced a lifetime's worth of heartbreak, loss and love together in that short amount of time. There was no limit to the hours, days or weeks that it took for someone to fall in love, but it seemed that the two of them were destined to be together, surpassing what should've been and at one point were, game-over level threats.

Sasha sipped on an espresso while she did her makeup, her hair clipped out of her face while she bronzed her cheeks in the Hollywood lit vanity in front of the window in the dressing room. Her home was unnecessarily large for a woman living alone and although Sasha almost felt unintentionally boastful about having three bedrooms, a dressing room and an office when the only other person who ever stayed over was Tony, the place still felt more like home to her than anywhere else she'd ever lived had.

Nature and light streamed in from all four corners of the building, making the cold winter mornings seem warmer and heavy showers seem beautiful instead of daunting. Sasha found peace in watching the rainclouds pass over Central Park while she wound down for the day after work, often choosing to sit in silence with her head against Tony's chest instead of watching the TV, enjoying the way watching the world outside made her feel alive with his heartbeat reminding her of the same thing.

It was seven-thirty by the time Sasha left her apartment for work, saying a polite good morning to the doormen and security guards downstairs. She was immensely grateful for the extra safe keeping that they provided her with, a sound mind every night that someone had her back while she slept made all the difference to her happiness.

The city was already awake when Sasha parked her car around the back of her office building. Streets were filled with commuters and the roads were gridlocked the same way they were everyday, horns arguing with one another and different music blaring from cracked windows and headphones.

Sasha applied a fresh coat of clear lipgloss in her rear view mirror before locking her car, a clear day meant she could leave her umbrella behind that morning and enjoy an orange sunrise over the tops of the skyscrapers that built up her world. Part of it, at least.

The rest of her world was stood where he always was, on the corner of the street leant against a red brick wall, one foot resting on it and his hands stuffed deep into his pockets, an icy chill coming from his lips as he smiled so brightly at her presence Sasha thought the sun wasn't needed.

"Morning beautiful," Tony said, his hands going straight to Sasha's waist as he pulled her into him and kissed her lips.

She grinned and wiped away the gloss from his skin with her thumb, kissing his cheek once, "How're you?"

"Better now I'm with you."

They had the same conversation almost every morning, the only exception being when Tony had stayed over the previous night and dropped her off at work himself.