𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞 - 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐥𝐯𝐞: 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐬

❝ᴅᴏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴀᴄᴄᴇᴘᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ʀɪsᴋ?❞

𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 living room, a bowl of cereal in her hands as she stared at whatever played on the tv

𝐀𝐑𝐋𝐎 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐒𝐀𝐓 𝐎𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐂𝐇 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 living room, a bowl of cereal in her hands as she stared at whatever played on the tv. she hadn't gotten any sleep the night before, which made the bags under her eyes darker. she still felt shitty because of what happened on the field, but she had gotten used to it at that point in time, which still sucked. it was like something inside of her wasn't. . . her, it was the shadow monster. the mind flayer. but it's not growing or shrinking. it's like her own shadow powers contained the mind flayer's shadow powers. her mind had wandered over to max throughout the night, trying to figure out how she was gonna apologize. max didn't seem like the type to forgive easily, which gave arlo two options; tell her the truth about everything or do a big grand gesture. max also doesn't seem like the type to forgive because of a big grand gesture. arlo groaned as she got up from the couch.

"what's got you groaning?" the voice of steve questioned, the older harrington coming down the stairs already dressed. which was weird since it was saturday and he usually slept in.

"max is mad at me because she thinks that i don't want to be her friend." arlo mumbled as she poured some more cereal into her bowl.

steve's eyebrows raised at the response, not expecting to hear the mayfield girl's name come out of his sister's mouth. arlo made sure that she didn't have any friends who were girls. she said that she didn't want to deal with all of the makeovers, dresses, and drama over boys. plus, all of the girls weren't interested in what she was interest. she'd rather read comic books and play video games than spend hours doing makeup. and i know as the author i am making her sound like one of those pick me girls in those stupid movies that would rather be with boys, but i didn't know how else to describe her. steve looked at her sister closely, seeing that this was really bothering her. he had figured out that arlo had developed some type of feelings for this max girl when max had biked arlo home the other day. but seeing how arlo was acting only confirmed it.