Chapter 8

warnings: teen boys being dumb, canon typical violence, teen boys being on love, simping

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kakyoin made no comment, but he knew the matter was closed.

Jotaro was never invited after that, even if he could catch you two. You always made a point of not including him, and it was killing him. He'd felt something stronger that night in the desert, and he was secretly dying to feel it again.

He was almost at his breaking point when Kakyoin's eyes were sliced open. You screamed. You ran to him, and Jotaro grabbed your wrist. "It's too dangerous."

You whipped back and slapped him across the face, slipping out of his grip and jumping down from the car and sprinting to Noriaki. Polnareff yelled at you to stop, but you barely heard him. You felt Jotaro grab you again, hugging you around the waist and lifting you. "Polnareff has him. Stop."

You screeched. "Let me fucking go, you asshole! Let me go!"

You kicked at his legs, but he was holding you tight enough to crack your ribs if you struggled. Your vision was going red. You hadn't breathed since you saw his blood. You took a breath and clawed at Jotaro's arms. "Let me go. Let me go. I need to go to him."

Jotaro shook his head. "No."

Polnareff was running to the car, holding your Noriaki. You struggled weakly, and Jotaro held you tighter. "Quit it."

Polnareff's leg was cut. You screamed with renewed agony and managed to bring your heel up into Jotaro's inner thigh. He grunted lowly and let you go. You ran to them, and Hermit Purple grabbed your waist and tossed you into the car.

Now that the terror was over, you started sobbing. You scrambled to Kakyoin and held him in your lap. "Noriaki, please. Please..."

The car flipped. You screamed again and grabbed onto the door, holding yourself and Kakyoin. It was too much. Polnareff grabbed him, and you exhaled. It was okay.

Then the car flipped completely, and you panicked. You landed on the sand next to Jotaro. You started to move, and he grabbed your waist and pulled you to his side. "Don't."

You growled, but obeyed. Jotaro sighed. You ignored him, staying still in case the Stand attacked again.

Once Jotaro left, you went to Kakyoin to help him. You sat next to him and stroked his hair. He coughed. "Y/N?"

You shook your head, inhaling shakily. "Don't open your eyes. You'll make it worse."

You eased him up onto your lap. His head rested on your thighs. "Just rest now."

He nodded and relaxed. You put your hands on his cheeks, making sure you could feel his pulse as Avdol worked to bandage him.You ran your fingers through his hair, calming him and whispering sweet nothings to him. Kakyoin reached up, feeling for you. You guided his hand to your face and closed your eyes, trying not to cry. Avdol looked at you. "He's stable, Y/N. No need for fear."

You nodded, swallowing. Kakyoin chuckled. "Is she about to cry?"

You flushed angrily. "Don't be fucking mean, Noriaki."

Avdol chuckled. Kakyoin's smile softened. "I didn't mean it like that. I mean that it's remarkable that you spent so long in terrible conditions and have chosen to retain your softness."

You squeezed your eyes shut. "I'm just scared, Nori."

He stroked your cheek. "I'll be okay."

You nodded and relaxed a bit. You held his head still and stroked his hair. You stayed like that until Jojo came back over the rise after defeating the rival Stand user. You turned and looked at him. He looked back, your eyes connecting. He looked you over, making sure there were no injuries. When he saw Kakyoin on your lap, his eyes hardened a bit. He covered his face with his hat and turned away. That felt off to you, but you put it out of your mind. Jotaro could handle himself.