"The Vanishing of Will Byers"

"THE VANISHING OF WILL BYERS"

On November 6th, 1983, in Hawkins, Indiana, a scientist flees down a hallway in Hawkins National Laboratory from an unseen force. He gets in an elevator, only to realize the force is inside with him and hanging on the ceiling, he is killed as the doors close.

The parents, just sat in shock. Holly's eyes were covered by Karen and Sue tried to shield Erica too but failed at Erica moved to sit by her brother and Dustin. Some of the others yelled out while some covered thier faces.

Eleven sat there, unresponsive. Even the sight of the lab walls were frightening to her and Max picked up on this along with Mike and Nancy who were close by. They all cuddled close to her.

Middle schoolers and best friends Mike Wheeler, Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclar, and Will Byers play Dungeons & Dragons in Mike's basement. Their party is fighting a powerful creature known as a Demogorgon. Will, the party's cleric, is pressured by Dustin and Lucas to choose between a safer protective spell or an offensive (but more dangerous) fireball. Will chooses a fireball, but knocks the dice off the table in his excitement.

"This is boring. And pointless. I thought this stupid game was the reason our town is in this mess?!"

"Watch it! I think you will find you are very wrong so mind your own business!"

"It is my business! It is all our business because you've bloody cursed the entire of Hawkins!"

"Piss off!" Mike counters.

"Mike!" Karen calls.

"WHAT? They know nothing!"

"That's why we are here Mike." Will says trying to ease the tension.

Mike's mother Karen interrupts, telling Mike that it is time for his friends to go home, since it is a school night. Dustin tries to offer the boys' leftover pizza to Mike's older sister Nancy, who ignores him. He comments to the group that she used to be cooler until she started dating "that douchebag" Steve Harrington. The others (except Mike) agree.

Claudia looks at her son in shock. "Dusty!"

"Sorry Nancy. And Steve." Dustin looked down bright red.

"Its fine kid." Steve responds patting his head like a dog. Nancy just smiles at him. Eddie snorts.

Before they leave, Will tells Mike that he rolled too low, and the Demogorgon got him.

The people that know what happened to Will look at each other in shock, realising the foreshadowing that just occurred. Everyone else remains confused.

The lights in Mike's garage flicker as his friends leave.

"Why are lights so important?" Dottie (Kali's friend) asked. People looked confused.

"What?"

"Well, why would it focus on the light unless it was important? But why are they important?"

Nancy, Johnathan and Steve just looked to each other in recognition. Kali notices but stays silent as her friend receives weird looks for the question she just proposed.

Riding in the dark past the laboratory, the light on Will's bike briefly flickers out. When it comes back on, a tall, faceless figure appears before him.

"What the F-"

Will swerves off the road and crashes his bike in the woods. He then runs home as the figure pursues him. He finds his house empty.