"The Weirdo on Maple Street"

Dustin Henderson, Lucas Sinclair, and Mike Wheeler bring the girl to Mike's house after finding her in the woods.

The parents all looked shocked at this. Except Ted.

"I told you he'd hide a girl."

"Ted, if i recall, you said the opposite so please be quiet." Karen mutters.

They find that she has a strange understanding of social norms, not bothering to go somewhere private to change clothes when Mike gives her something to wear, the boys stopping her before she can undress.

"Woah. does she not know ANY social cues?" One of the town's people muttered loudly.

"Clearly not." Another answered back.

Mike shows her to a bathroom, where she insists on not closing the door fully. Lucas is mistrustful, theorizing she could be an escapee from a nearby asylum.

"Really." Max says sarcastically, rolling her eyes.

"What? I was like 12 and she was a stranger with no hair, no social cues and little to no words. What was I supposed to think?! Sorry El."

Eleven just nods. She doesn't feel like talking now. Its like she is back at age 12, struggling to form a simple sentence.

He and Dustin want to tell Karen Wheeler, but Mike reminds them they were not supposed to be out after dark and that they will all get in trouble.

"Yea and yet there you are!" Sue angrily mutters to herself.

He plans to have her pose as a missing child that stumbled upon the house for his mother, who will call Social Services.

"Right so what happened to that plan then?" Karen asks sternly. Mike just looks sheepishly to his mother.

"Sorry!"

After Lucas and Dustin leave, Mike sets up a blanket fort for her to sleep in, and she shows him her tattoo that reads "011" when he asks for her name. When he mentions his name is short for Michael, he decides to call her "El", short for "Eleven". They say good night to each other, and Eleven falls asleep, despite the storm.

"I still think its pretty sad that the child has no real name." Cynthia mutters.

The next morning, Jim Hopper arrives at the Byers house to inform Joyce Byers they have not yet found her son. She shows him her fried phone, which Hopper attributes to the storm, despite Joyce's insistence that Will was on the other end. Having not heard from her ex-husband, Hopper decides to go and talk to him himself. Jonathan offers to go in Hopper's place, but Hopper orders him to stay and support his mother. Mike takes an extra Eggo waffle for Eleven for breakfast, and tells her about his plan to get her back home safely.

"So you're the reason we have mountain of Eggos in our cupboards!" Joyce confirms.

El goes red and so does Mike, the town lot look confused. Most don't make the connection but some realise who Jane is.

"Oh my God Ja-"

The woman is cut of by Joyce's sharp glare.

Eleven refuses, insisting that "bad" people are looking for her that are willing to kill him.

"Wait so not only are these people hunting down a young child, but they are willing to kill anyone in their way...!"

Martin Brenner listens to a recording of Joyce calling the police, insisting that Will was on the other end.