11

Selene might be a very outgoing person but even she had no idea what to do in this kind of situation. 

And back then when Dawn had hard time bonding with her father, she thought Selene would've done it better. Now here she is, watching her younger sister have hard time speaking to her parents. 

Although, Caitlin did make things easier. She asked Selene some questions and that was all she needed to keep the conversation going. Barry on the other hand listened to everything and occasionally added his thoughts. Dawn and Nora chimed in too.

"So, you're an astronomer?" Caitlin asked with amazement.

Selene nodded proudly. "When I first told you that I wanted to become an astronomer, you said that was your second option for job."

"Yes, I've always liked planets. I imagine you enjoy your work." Their mother's mind dozed off somewhere but she still heard everything.

"It's fascinating." Youngest Allen responded. Dawn noticed how she played with her hair. She squeezed her hand and got a smile in return from Selene. She knew it was reassuring for her.

"Is your lightning same color as Dawn?" Barry asked her. Selene nodded. "Blue and Yellow. Although, Dawn's yellow is more like yours."

"Yeah, and mine is like Selene's." Nora added.

The family chatted a little longer, then they all went at Jitters where Joe, Cecile and little Jenna joined the team Flash. It was a nice surprise for the couple and Jenna enjoyed Selene's presence very much.

"She's always good with the kids." Dawn told the family while Selene showed some tricks to Jenna at the end of the table. "Although she doesn't admit it." She chuckled and Nora followed.

"She seems very nice." Iris smiled at the duo. "She definitely has Caitlin's smile."

Caitlin smiled warmly at Iris who returned the expression. Whatever happened in the future, the two of them still managed to keep everything calm between them.

"Her eye color is quite unique." Cecile commented.

"Yeah, when she was a baby she used to look up at us with her big round blue eyes. Believe us, it was the cutest thing ever!" Dawn grinned and Nora nodded. "My brother Oak has blue eyes too but he has a lighter shade."

"Oak is Iris' and a guy named Eddie's son, right?" Ralph asked, unaware of the tension that has risen in the room.

Finally, Barry decided to cut it off and said. "Tell us more about him." His statement was genuine and there was absolutely no hidden feelings there. Iris understood it perfectly so she smiled at her husband who squeezed her hand in return.

Dawn saw this from a far. She smiled in her heart. Aunt Iris probably wanted to know about Oak but couldn't ask about him because of the conflicts it might have risen. But her father appeared as a hero and with his sentence, he made it clear that there was nothing wrong with asking questions about Oak. He was her son and she had all rights to ask about him.

"Well," Nora smiled. "Oak is a lot younger than us, he's ten years old. He looks a lot like Eddie but he has all of mom's temper. He adores superheroes and is the best laser tag player. Even better than you, dad."

"I refuse to believe the last one." Barry grinned.

"Believe it, dad. Oak is the winner of that game in our family." Selene spoke up from the other side of the table.

"Wait, wait, wait. Even better than me?!" Cisco jumped in, giving the girls suspicious looks. "Either he's really good or you girls are just telling him that because he's a kid."

"I'm the second best player in the family and although I hate to admit it, it is true." Dawn nodded while taking a sip of the water.

"Second best?! On what place am I?" Barry asked his future daughters.

"Well, Oak takes the first place, second is Dawn, third for Cisco, fourth for Selene and only reason she's not third is because we can't use our speed, fifth for dad, sixth for aunt Caitlin. I won't continue this because I might spoil future because the next places include the ones that you don't know yet. For me, I rank the second to last because I actually suck at that game." Nora explained. "But Ralph is the last one so it calms me." She grinned.

Ralph scowled at her while the others burst into laughter.

"I can't believe I'm the fifth." Barry almost had tears in his eyes. Iris rubbed his back while trying to maintain laughter.

"You're supposed to support me!" Scarlet speedster frowned.

"And I am! Look, I'm not laughing!" Iris said and just then she burst into fits of laughter, followed by everybody else.

"So much for support." Barry muttered angrily.

***
A night at the Snow house almost felt like being home for Selene. Everything was just like her mother liked. Of course, their future house is filled with a complection of what Barry, Caitlin, Dawn and Selene like but this one was just her mother's. Well, if you don't count Frost's art.

Their house also had a room for Nora. It was decorated just like she wanted and Nora spent a lot of time with them.

All this thoughts made her homesick.

"Hey," She heard a sweet voice say behind her. Selene looked back and saw her mother standing in the doorway. "Aren't you sleepy?"

Selene shrugged. "Too homesick to fall asleep."

Caitlin frowned slightly and walked closer to her. She placed her hand on her shoulder. "It's gonna be all right. I've noticed it on Dawn too, she missed her home."

She had no idea how her mother did it but she always soothed her nerves. Her mother pulled her in an embrace and she gladly returned it.

"Now I'm kinda sleepy." She said and rubbed her eyes. Caitlin smiled and wished her goodnight. With that, Selene put her head on the pillow and fell asleep.

This one's kinda short, sorry. Selene's portraited by Chloe East btw.