12

The next few days went by and everyone settled to this new lifestyle. Half a week had gone which meant only few days were left before the girls went back in their timeline. It saddened everyone because of how much they got used to their presence. Barry even brought them at work, Nora and Dawn were working alongside with him. Selene was working at S.T.A.R. Labs, sharing new ideas with Caitlin and Cisco.

Even Iris and Caitlin were on better terms. It amazed Barry how the duo made everything so peaceful. But he was glad for it, for them. He had no idea when exactly everything changed, but he was grateful for the family he has and will have. 

His daughters were very precious for him. Nora, Dawn and Selene. Regardless of complications, girls never stopped taking care of each other. 

Speaking of them, three girls just sped in S.T.A.R. Labs. Barry and Caitlin were doing a reasearch on recent meta attacks. Cisco at home with Gipsy. Ever since she moved here, he spent more time at home and less at work. Iris was working and Ralph left for his date with Sue an hour ago.

"Hi, workaholic people!" Dawn smiled as she placed her hands on her hips. 

"They're just doing a research, Dawn." Selene rolled her eyes and took papers from her mother's hands to check. 

Dawn rolled her eyes as well. "Right, I forgot you're in that club too." 

"Give it a rest, girls." Caitlin took the paper back and put it on the desk. "Where have you been?" 

Nora grinned. "Everywhere. It's been a long time since us three spent time together." 

"We played laser tag, went to movies, ate at Jitters and even helped Ralph get ready for his date. We said hi to Sue as well." 

"Well, looks like you girls had a fun time." Barry smiled at them. "What brings you here then?" 

"Can't we visit our parents?" Selene asked with a grin. Then her expression changed into a frown.

"What's going on?" Caitlin asked. Barry realized she was panicking and held her hand for calmness. Caitlin gave him a quick grateful look and turned back to her daughters. 

Dawn bit her lip and Nora averted her gaze. 

"Just say it, girls!" Barry said impatiently. He's heart started clenching as he waited for their repsonse.

 "We're leaving the day after tomorrow." Nora spoke finally. Tears were waiting to fall down from her eyes. Barry glanced at Caitlin who glanced back at her. Then she let go of his hand as Dawn hugged her. Nora gave her father a sad smile as she tried hard not to cry. Barry frowned and pulled her in a hug. 

"I want to hug too." Selene sulked. Caitlin laughed a little and embraced her. Then Barry and Nora put their arms around them too. It was a big hug but very warm. 

"I suppose we can't ask you girls to stay a little more." Barry muttered when they stood back. 

"No, dad." Selene said with a sad smile. "Nora and Dawn stayed a while here. It's time for us to go back home."

Allen nodded and hugged his little girl again. 

"Well," Caitlin wiped her tears. "We should all spend time together. You girls will see our future selves in seconds while we have to wait for some time." 

"True." Barry said. "We have whole day for ourselves." 

And with that, Allen family sped off from the building to plan a wonderful family time.

It was heartbreaking for both Barry and Caitlin to watch them go but they knew it was the right thing to do. Iris wouldn't be pleased either, or the rest of the team. They got too used to this girls.

But still, no matter how right the choice seemed, it still left a feeling of emptiness in Caitlin's heart. She lost Ronnie, her father and almost became a villain. She made peace with Frost and got used to the fact that she would spend her whole life stuck in this lab fighting next to her friends. Then this girls appeared and filled Caitlin's heart with hope. Something sparked and long forgotten feelings for certain speedster returned.

Snow didn't want to think about that. No matter how many times Dawn and Selene said they were her and Barry's children she still couldn't believe it. It would be nice to talk with him about everything but Barry was too caught up in the way things made a turn. He was married, after all.

So now she had to deal with her daughter going back to their timelines alone. Caitlin had a fear that their time travel would change things and again, she would end up alone.

Sounded kind of selfish. But her whole life she could only depend on herself. She stricted her own mind to ever think about a future where she's happy because all she ever got was loneliness.

Those Allen sisters changed it.

But now she felt like going back to that.

"Mom, you're spilling your juice!" Dawn remarked with a laugh. Caitlin snapped back and chuckled when she realized she made a mess.

"Sorry, dozed out." She mumbled while wiping it with her napkin. Barry, Nora and Selene where singing karaoke while Dawn and Caitlin ate their burgers.

"Are you all right?" Her eldest daughter asked with all seriousness. Caitlin nodded and replied, "Just sad because you girls are leaving."

Dawn sighed. "I'm sad too. At least I'll see you in seconds while you and dad have to wait for several years."

Her mother nodded and looked down on the table, so did Dawn. They sat in a silence until Selene walked up to them and gave them questioning looks.

"I know we're leaving, but I thought we were supposed to have a good time today, not to cry!" She said and pointed at their faces.

Dawn seemed the share the idea and smiled. "You do have a point," She made a face. "Though, I hate to admit that."

Caitlin chuckled at their behaviour and stood up. "I agree with you." She wrapped her arm around her youngest daughter while she grabbed Dawn's hand and helped her to stand up. "Let's have fun." Dawn smiled and the three of them walked to the Allen duo.

At least I can have a good time with them. My Allen girls...

Sorry, it's is a late update and this chapter sucks.