17

Dawn arrived right on time because her father had just run in the building, searching for anyone left. She shifted her whole focus on the fire, doing her best avoided any burns and soon she was on the top floor. The Flash was trying to talk sense into a man staring out of the window, not moving at all.

"What's wrong with him?" Dawn asked, drawing closer to her dad.

"I don't know. I keep talking to him but he doesn't hear me." He replied. "Building will collapse soon. I can't put the fire out and get him out of here in time, can you help?"

Dawn nodded firmly. "I'll take him, you deal with the fire." She grabbed the man - who by the way stood way steadily on the ground - and ran down on the first floor. The man had absolutely zero reaction to anything that happened until Dawn brought him outside. Fire reflected in his eyes until cold breeze hit him and he finally blinked.

"Wh-what happened?" He asked in confusion, rubbing his head with his hand.

"Fire started in the building out of nowhere. Why were you so statued there? Everyone ran outside." Dawn asked, though she blurred her whole face and masked her voice since she forgot to get in her suit.

"I-I don't know. I don't even remember if there was a fire." His reply sounded truthful, though Dawn still suspected something other.

"What do you remember?" She pressed.

The man shook his head, then both his hands flew to his face and horrible realization seemed to drawn on him. "I. . . I think I started the fire. . . But I swear I didn't mean too! One second I was arguing with one of the workers and then I had a match in my hand! I-I remember hearing a voice in my head, commanding me to set the fire. I could only watch from afar how my body agreed. He seemed to manipulate my anger if that even makes sense. Do you think it was a meta-human?" Fear was visible on his face and Dawn did her best to reassure him.

"Don't worry, the Flash will take care of the meta. You're safe now, nobody was hurt. Just keep your emotions in check in case anything like this ever happens."

With that she dashed out of the place, going to the S.T.A.R. Labs and waiting for her father there who successfully put down the fire and appeared in the lab not too long after.

"Did you find out anything?" He asked while sitting down.

Dawn nodded. "Some kind of a voice was controlling the man to sat the fire. A meta probably."

Before Barry could answer, Cisco and Gipsy came in, asking tons of questions. Gipsy checked on them for any injuries and a part of Dawn wished her mother was there but she shook her head before it went off track. Cisco was sober but his moves were still sloppy and his eyes looked everywhere.

"What happened?" He asked, supporting himself with the table.

"A big fire started out of nowhere, turns out a man started it because a voice commanded him too." She explained. "It was probably a meta."

Gipsy raised her brow. "You sure he's telling the truth?"

She nodded. "He said the voice took advantage of his emotions, he was especially angry because he was arguing with one of the workers."

"And still, it could easily be anything else. He might've lost control of himself without realizing."

"True, but I doubt it." Dawn quickly glanced at her father, hoping Gipsy would understand. It took her few seconds until it clicked and she gave her a briefest nod.

If her father noticed anything, he didn't say anything. Cisco on the other hand had fallen asleep on the desk in their discussion.

"I'll take him home. Let's talk about this tomorrow." Gipsy decided, walking to her boyfriend and waking him up. "You coming Dawn?"

"Oh, yeah! I'm super sleepy." She smiled and kissed her dad on the cheek. "Bye dad!"

Barry gave her a tired smile and waved his hand. "See you guys tomorrow."

Once they got back to the apartment, Dawn immediately jumped on her bed and let the slip take her. She was too tired to think about anything but she still managed to scrap down a theory about the meta on her notebook.

In the morning, she shared her theory with Cynthia/Gipsy and Cisco who looked very hung-over but claimed he was fully sober.

"I still don't understand, what's the motive?" Cynthia asked, sipping her coffee.

Dawn had no answer to that, but she had an idea. "There had to be something that meta wanted from the company to make someone set into flames."

"Yes, but what does he want from Caitlin, or Barry and Iris?"

"And why did it affect future Barry and Caitlin?" Cisco pointed out.

They both had valid questions and it sent Dawn into a deep ponder. The day she got back in the future, her parents were on a verge of divorce and when she travelled back here, her mother was acting all snobby and her dad was fighting with his first wife.

"Okay, let's say dad and Iris divorce because of this meta, or do it immediately when Eddie comes back to life, what makes my parents get married?" She voiced out.

Cynthia leaned on the couch, also deep in thoughts. "The meta could disappear for some time, which lets Barry and Caitlin create a family."

"And then he or she comes back in the future? Doesn't make sense, at all." Cisco crossed his arms. "There has to be something we're missing."

Dawn thought so too. That's why she came to the following conclusion. "I need to go back in the future, speak with my sisters and friends and see how everything's going there."

Cisco and Cynthia shared a look and young speedster had to ask. "What?"

Cisco hesitated before he spoke. "It's just. . . If you go back in the future and then come back here, things might not be the same. You might cause some drastic changes and erase someone in the process."

"It's better if you stay here and we figure it all out alone. It's a huge risk to go in the future and travel back here again." Cynthia added.

Dawn wanted to protest but her aunt and uncle were did have a point. If she returned in the future who knew what she would find? Or what would be here when she came back again.

It would mess everything once more and she didn't need that. All she needed was to find the meta and undo whatever the trick he/she did to her parents. Then everything would be restored and she could go back in her timeline.

"All right, I'll stay here, but we better make a plan on how to save my parents."

Cisco smirked. "Already on it."