Chapter twenty two

''They were never really my friends. They were Thor's friends'' He said sourly then added kind of confused, even a little irritated ''And I don't understand why you are so eager to meet them'' Loki frowned, crossing his arms.

''Well, In case you forgot, to me, they are fictional-'' I started enthusiastically, but he interrupted me

''Ah! that, so it's the novelty'' He concluded. I rolled my eyes

''Did they even have a major role in those movies'' He asked

''No, but-'' I began, but his overcoming questions silenced me

"Do I appear more than them?" He asked

"Yes, but- "

"Ha! so they are irrelevant. I can believe you rather spend time with them than with me, someone with more importance in the plot of those movies." He shook his head

"I never said I rather spend more time with them-" I glanced at him and already could see him opening his mouth to speak. I hated him.

''If you interrupt me one more time Loki, I swear-'' I said, looking at him sternly

He grinned, then sighed, seemingly wanting to say something. A voice calling our names cut him off. We turned around.

"Where were you going?" Thor asked with a smile.

I beamed at him. "We were looking for you".

Thor furrowed his eyebrows, confused. "But you two were going in the wrong direction." I looked at Loki, who glanced back at me innocently, then I realized he had been misleading me.

I glared at him. "It seems thousands of years. It's not enough for someone to know the place where they live," I said with a sarcastic smile, while I walked toward Thor.

Thor arched an eyebrow with slight amusement. "Yeah, he can be dense sometimes," he smirked. Loki narrowed his eyes. Sensing the god of mischief irritation, I decided to irk him on, so I grinned at Thor. "I don't doubt that," I said

He huffed, " Says the oaf and the Midgardian," Loki said unamused.

Thor boomed a laugh and proceeded to pat his brother on the back while I was glaring daggers at Loki "Don't be so serious brother we were only jesting" Thor said perkily, then added looking at me "follow me, id like you to meet my friends".

"Why do you always have to be a jerk?" I said, settling myself next to Loki and crossing my arms.

"Me... the jerk?!" He said, almost offended. "Weren't you the one conspiring with my brother against me?" he said with a glare

I huffed "I would hardly call that conspiring ... and it only happened because you were misleading me" I explained

"Who said I was misleading you? Maybe... I was using a shortcut, hmm?"

"Yeah, sure," I said with a roll of my eyes, then walked towards Thor, but he grabbed my shoulder to stop me. "I'm sorry..." he said, defeated.

"I'm sorry to interrupt your bickering, but we arrived," Thor said awkwardly.

I looked away from Loki at the four people in the room.

I passed my gaze over all of them, recognizing them instantly. They were all more muscular and taller than I expected

The woman I assumed to be Sif strolled towards me and I began to feel myself shake from nervousness. She introduced herself to me kindly

"Oh! it is nice to meet you too" I laughed nervously "I'm a big fan I can't believe you are in front of me," I said and as every word came out of my mouth, I felt an immense amount of embarrassment she laughed looking very amused

"I'm sorry if I'm being too intense, I said shyly," wishing I could hide

She smiled at me, "No, not all, come here" she said grabbing my hand and bringing me to the others in the room she helped me introduce myself to the rest of them, it was easier since I was less nervous to meet them, after talking to them I went in searching of Loki.

"Hey! where have you been?" I said as I approached him

"Here," He said flatly, sipping his drink. I arched an eyebrow.

"Something wrong?" I asked warily.

He shook his head and continued to drink, annoyed

I was about to respond, but someone caught my attention.

"Mi Lady, what are you doing here? I have been looking for you," Frandal said, leaning into me with a smile. I subtly glanced at Loki, who was clenching his jaw.

Frandal touched my shoulder, unbothered by the other man, and kept on trying to flirt?...

"Have I mentioned how dashingly astonishing you look?" He said, licking his lips.

I awkwardly shifted my gaze away from him. "Thank you, um..." I trailed, feeling rather uncomfortable.

What am I supposed to say now? I thought.

"Frandal! come here. I need you for something." Thor shrieked and winked at Loki.

"Well, that was weird," I said as I sat next to him. His irate expression instantly dissolved and was replaced by a tilt of his head.

Sensing his confusion, I elaborate. "I think he was flirting with me. "

"Really? I wouldn't have guessed," He said, eyebrows raised. I rolled my eyes.

He then cleared his throat. "So... Um, you don't like him?" He asked, raising his drink nonchalantly.

"I like him, just not in that way," I reply nonchalantly. He nodded, his shoulders visibly relaxing. "I'm not used to receiving compliments. I don't know how to respond to them."

He hummed in acknowledgment. He then grinned. "Well, I have to agree with him on something... you do look outstandingly beautiful," he said.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "I hate you... "

He grinned wider. "and I didn't even tell you how pretty your eyes look under the lights," he said, wiggling his eyebrows.

I glared at him until he started laughing.

"You are ridiculous," I said, suppressing a smile of my own

"What are you drinking?"

"Not alcohol," he said with a dramatic sigh. "I wish it was, though," he said with a wicked smile.

"I was being serious, though. You are truly breathtaking."

We stared into each other eyes.

He glanced at my lips for a second, then back to my eyes.