Chapter seventeen

"Do we know who they were?" I asked, quietly

"Hydra," Natasha replied.

"This has got to be a joke," I muttered.

"What did they want?" Loki asked, crossing his arms.

Sam and Natasha looked at each other. "We... we don't know for sure, but... we think... They were here for Barnes," Sam said. Loki didn't get a chance to respond because the team burst into the living room.

"Is everyone all right?" asked Steve, as the rest of the team also rushed in ready to fight any enemy.

"Ah, here come the heroes at last! "Loki said mockingly. Everyone ignored his comment.

"Speaking of which, what took you so long to get back?"

"We were a little... distracted, we only saw the security alert that Friday sent once Thor's father left, and then we tried to get back as quickly as possible" Stark said.

Loki furrowed his brows "Thor, where is fath- Odin?"

"In Asgard. He had to leave today, so before his departure, I took father with me to show him my favorite places on earth" Thor explained.

"And why didn't you or father tell me?" asked Loki frustrated.

"Well... because you are not the easiest to talk to..." Thor said gingerly "And I thought you didn't wish to speak to father," he added.

Loki hummed, seeming to restrain himself from arguing, "Shall we go too? Loki asked with an edge.

"Yes, Brother, we must," Thor nodded. Loki pursed his lips in a thin line. He looked at me quickly and then back at his brother. Loki remained silent.

"When are you going to leave?" Steve asked Thor.

"Can I talk to you?" Loki asked coming out of his reflective state, dismissing Steve's question. Thor nodded and motioned with a hand signaling him to continue speaking. Loki rolled his eyes in exasperation "In private..." Loki added through his teeth. Thor sighed and then they left.

Stark coughed "Anyway... do we have any idea who the intruders were?" He asked.

_______

"I don't want anyone to get hurt because of me" Bucky sighed "I think it would be better if I left," He said after Sam and Nat explained their theories.

"No," I shook my head," I think we should... I don't know..." I said struggling to explain what I meant."In the movies, Steve leaves bucky in Wakanda and there they find a way to get rid of the brainwashing, so maybe we could try to contact I don't know the king? Queen? Prince? I don't know... Um... What was I saying? oh! Yes, um, and then we explain this situation to them and so... Oh! we could also ask them to get the mind stone out of Vision's head, "I finished feeling my throat sting a little.

Aren't we asking too many favors?" asked Sam uneasily.

"Maybe but..."

"Friends!" Thor interrupted, joining us in the living room again "I have bad news, I'm leaving!" Thor announced.

Now? Stark asked.

Thor shook his head "No, not now but today, My brother is tired, he is going to get some rest and then we are leaving" at that comment everyone in the room seemed to realize the state that Sam, Nat, and I were in.

"Right," Natasha said, "I'm going to take a bath" and then she left.

"Wait! what about what we were talking about?" I asked.

Steve grabbed my shoulders gently "We'll talk about that later. Now go and take care of yourself" Steve said "How are you feeling, are you okay?" He asked concerned.

"Yeah, I'm fine" I mumbled just wanting to sleep, Steve checked my whole appearance and after a second he dropped my shoulders warily and I went to my room.

I showered and lay down on the bed. After what I think had been 5 minutes, I heard a knock on my door.

"Loki, what do you need?" I asked.

"We are going to a healer," he said simply.

____________________

The doctor told me to ice my neck and wash the cuts on my neck at least twice a day. I tried to get Loki checked too, but he insisted he was fine and after analyzing his image I was convinced. After that, we spent some time in the library until he had to leave.

"So... Um... Are you coming back?" I asked as we were walking outside the compound.

"Why dear, can't live without me?" he smirked. I rolled my eyes.

"I'll try" he replied.

Then they left.

____________

It was the next day, at lunch, when we were discussing what to do after an hour of talking we decided that we had  to get in contact with Wakanda as soon as possible

Meanwhile in Asgard...

Thor POV

"So I'm not allowed to be in Asgard anymore?" Loki asked with a stoic face.

"I didn't say that" Odin sighed "You are welcome to visit anytime, but your actions cannot go unpunished you must stay in Midgard until I see fit" Odin paused for a second waiting for a response from Loki.

I looked at Loki expecting some sort of complaint, but he just scoffed and folded his arms, seemingly accepting his fate. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. He was taking this much better than I thought.

"I trust you will learn from this" was the last thing father said before me and my brother left for the bitfrost.

________________

"So how do you feel brother?" I asked. Loki just hummed without paying attention to me. I sighed.

"Look on the bright side brother, now you can spend more time with Lady Y/N!" I said wiggling my eyebrows.

Loki feigned ignorance "I don't know what you are talking about"

"You don't fool me, especially when you didn't want to leave Midgard because you were worried she would be left 'unprotected', which isn't true, I'm sure the Avengers won't let any harm come to her" I smiled. Expecting a reaction.

Loki growled "I Doubt it, they are not even capable of securing properly the place where they live-" He stopped noticing my growing smirk. He looked a little flustered. I laughed.

"I'm glad you find my irritation amusing" Loki grumbled.

"As you do," I said with a knowing smile. He shrugged as if agreeing with my statement.

"Do you think they'll be okay with me staying with them for an indefinite period?" asked Loki.

"Probably not, to be honest, but in time I think they will accept you" Loki raised an unconvinced eyebrow. "Now, go brother" I gave him an encouraging pat on the back. Loki sighed and was soon engulfed by the bifrost.