Chapter 4: Living Nightmare

Head's Up! There are a lot of changes in here, between past, present, and dreams.
Enjoy~ 

-5 years later- (Kakashi's POV)

I was now walking through the village with Naruto. Once again, we were heading to Dr. Shinya, Naruto's therapist. For the last 4 years, Naruto has been having dreams that have been leaving him in terrible states when he wakes up.

This one time, he had this dream that led to him starving and tired when he woke up. He was crying his eyes out. He said it went like this-

Dream* (Author's POV)

Naruto was lying in a small bed in a dark room. No covers, no light, no sound. Until. 

"GET UP YOU DEMON!" An older lady dressed in white came into the room. She grabbed the boy by his dirty t-shirt and dragged him from the room.

Lights were seen and the sound of kids was heard. They were now in a kitchen as the woman threw the little boy in the corner. 

"Get to work!" She yelled. Naruto grabbed a broom that was wayyyy larger than him and the dustpan from the corner. He swept and dusted and wiped. He cleaned for hours. 

Around noon, kids ran past him to the kitchen. He watched as they sat at the table to eat and laugh and talk. The way to the kitchen was closed as the boy's eyes could no longer peek through what he wishes he could be in. So, he continued to clean.

The sound of kids grew quieter as the sun started to set. But the boy still cleaned and cleaned. Its wasn't until his legs couldn't move anymore and he collapsed, he awakened.

**********************************************

Dream End* 
-Kakashi's POV

He woke up the next morning hungry and tired, even though he woke up at noon. After a few nights of that, I decide that it was best that I get him checked out. But I couldn't have just anyone in my son's head, mainly because not everyone seems to care for his well-being because of his..."guest."

Dr. Shinya is an old friend. We have gone on missions together before he retired and went into the therapy business. The Yamanaka's have always been known as a trustworthy clan, but I have felt extra safe around Shinya.

But back to Naruto. He had those dreams for about 2 years, but those dreams only got worse as he had gotten older. 

I remember when he turned 5, he started having worst ones during wintertime.

*Dream* (Author's POV)

Naruto was lying on the ground as the snow fell from the sky. He was not dress for the condition since he was only wearing a black t-shirt and shorts with no covering on his feet. 

He was laid in an alleyway on the side of this big building, shivering from the cold. He slept and cried to himself. He only stopped when he heard voices coming.

"I can't believe dad made us go out to get this water from the pond."

"Well, we have to kept water in the house in case the fire spreads too far."

"Yea, but why did we have to do it?"

He tried to get up to move behind the dumpster, but his body was so frozen, he couldn't move. Three kids past by the alleyway. He was going to go unnoticed until one of them spotted him. 

"Look, a kid!"

The other two looked his way at the small boy who laid on the rock ground.