Chapter 9: Forgotten Friends

*Naruto's POV*

"And... Begin!"

Sasuke was the first to move, running in circles around me. 'He's playing it smart, to strategize before striking.'

I stood in the middle watching him as he ran around and around. He made sure to keep his distance.

This went on for a while before I started to feel his chakra setting rise. 'He's getting ready to strike.'

Almost as soon as I finished my thought, he charged at me.

I jumped into the air, flipping behind him and landed in a crotch position on the ground.

Sasuke spun around, eyes pinned on me as he charged again. I stood up and engaged in hand to hand combat with him.

His punches were strong and his kicks were swift, but I can tell that this wasn't his best, and if it was, then I am disappointed.

I wanted him to fight me full strength but it just seemed like he was testing me.

While my thoughts roamed, Sasuke jumped back and aimed a kick for my head. If it wasn't for my fox reflexes, I wouldn't have caught it.

A barrage of punches and kicks were thrown from my old friend, fast and furious.

Minute after minute, I felt his hits getting faster and stronger. But they still weren't enough. As long as I payed attention, I could block every single hit like it was nothing.

After a while, I got bored...not tired but bored.

"I'm going first!"

I didn't have to turn (althought I couldn't at the moment) to know who's voice that was.

"Minato, we are going to spar in alphabetical order." I heard his teacher tell him.

"No, the order should be based on skill and I am the best one so far!" Min yelled back.

I tried to turn and see but Sasuke's hits were so quick that I couldn't turn my back.

I followed suit to each as I blocked, but didn't throw any hits of my own.

My mind wandered away from the spar as I continued to listen to Min and his teacher.

"Minato, get in line and wait your turn." His teacher scowled.

I heard Min growl. "This doesn't make any sense! I should be going first! I'm the best! I'm not even supposed to be in this class!" He yelled.

Min always got angry when things didn't go his way, but this time I felt like something would be different.

Dad never let Min become spoiled but there were times when he would allow Min to get his way.

This was only because, his anger, along with mines, was linked to the anger of the nine tails.

Whenever our anger got out of hand, the power would come out uncontrolled.

It hasn't happened to me as many times as Min. I have mastered 4 tails of my power, while Min has only mastered 1.

This means that those other 8 tails are uncontrolled and dangerous. Which means, you can NOT LET MIN GET ANGRY!

I continued to barge against Sasuke's attacks. Things shouldn't get out of hand. Not on our first day at least.

"Just get to the back of the line fox."

This caught me so off guard that I stumbled for a moment. So badly Sasuke almost got a hit on me.