Chapter 8: First Day

Naruto's POV

"NARUTO!"

This loud and annoying voice woke me up and made me fall from my bed.

"Ugh..." I groaned as I rubbed my aching head. "What is it? Why did you wake me up so early in the morning?"

"Hurry up! Its our first day at the academy!"

I groaned again as I opened my eyes just in time to see a flash of blonde fly out of my door. Then my door shut. I slumped up and into my bathroom.

*After getting ready*

I got my bag and walked to my door. It was closed with a mirror on the back. Before leaving out, I made it a habit to check myself in the mirror.

My gray hair was neatly combed, well, spiked and my icy blue eyes gleamed. I had my mask, not up but on. I traced a finger across one of the whisker marks on my face.

I sighed as I looked at the picture by my door on my dresser. It was the day we made my cousin's adoption official.

He's still my baby cousin and he still has his family's name. But since Uncle Minato and Aunt Kushina weren't able to name him, he decided he'd take his dad's name.

His name is Minato Uzumaki-Namikaze.

It sometimes gives me Deja vu, to see him and hear Uncle Minato's name. He looks just like Uncle Minato. Except for the eyes, they are actually green like Aunt Kushina's.

The doctor said the only reason they looked blue before was because of the light and he wasn't healthy, so his eyes weren't their real color.

He has her temper too. Woo!

I smiled at the picture of us and dad outside the Hokage's office with the adoption papers in our hand, as I walked out the door.

"Seems like someone had a good sleep."

My dad was in the kitchen, in an apron, cooking breakfast.

"Yea." I said sitting in a chair by the counter. I hung my bag on the chair and smiled. "Ever since we adopted Min, I've stopped having those nightmares since we found out that my dreams were his memories."

"Thank Kami for that." Dad whispered.

After a few minutes, my small blonde cousin walked into the kitchen with his bag on his shoulder and his nose stuck in a book like usual.

"Ready for your first day at the academy Min-Min." I asked him as I watched him sit his bag down by the door.

"Oh yes." He said slowly as his eyes peeked from the top of the book. "I can't wait for my learning pace to be slowed down by underachieving wanna-bee's." He sighed as he sat in the chair beside me and placed his book on the counter.

"Awww don't be so emo." I said as I ruffled his hair. He growled at this as his eyes glared at me. He wore a mask like dad and me so I've learned to read his eyes.

"We already have one emo in the house." I whispered, pointing at dad. Only to be popped on the head by a spatula.

"Owwww!" I yelled.

"And just for that, you are not getting any breakfast." He scolded.

"Hey! No fair!" I yelled in response to Min-Min's snickering beside me. He then looked at his watch and hopped out of the chair.

"It doesn't matter anyway. We have to get to the academy in 5 minutes." He said as he grabbed his bag from the door.

I saw dad turn around to look at the clock on the wall and saw it said 7:55. "Oh yeah, you're right."