Chapter 1

-003/Trisha Henderson POV-

A year... almost a year has passed.
A year since the Demogorgon took Will, a year since Mrs. Henderson adopted me, a year since I lost my sister Eleven.
It doesn't feel like a year has passed, it feels like it only happened yesterday.

How Eleven went to my room and told me to go with her, away from Papa. How we met Mike, Lucas and Dustin. Sometimes... I can still sense her.
I know she is alive, that she is out there.
And I won't stop looking for her, if it is the last thing I do...

~

Steve and Nancy picked me up to go to school, like usual.
My English got a lot better, but I was still nervous to go to school. Even though I've been going since the summer break ended...
And Nancy was still kind of my only friend.

Having these empath abilities sucked, sensing what everyone feels makes it surprisingly difficult to make connections with people.
"Hey Trisha" said Nancy. "Wow, you okay?"

"Did not sleep well" I said.
"You know you can say 'didn't', right?" said Steve. He and Nancy have been a big help to sound at least a little bit normal.
"Didn't" I repeated.

"That's right!" said Steve.
"What are you reading?" I asked Nancy, she was holding a paper in her hand.
"Steve's university application letter" she said and I looked confused. "It's for where he wants to go once high school is over"

"I don't understand" I said.
"For certain jobs, you need to have a degree" explained Steve while driving. "And to get that degree, you need to go to university"
"Okay" I said. "I think I understand"

Once we arrived at school, I got out of the car, so Nancy and Steve could have some private time.
I put on my headphones, Mrs. Henderson had given them to me. And surprisingly they helped with controlling my powers.
I went into the school and opened my locker. I grabbed my sketchbook and pencils and went into the classroom.

I began drawing, it was something I was good at and I liked doing.
It was a good way to express myself, since I sucked at pronouncing everything.
When I felt a hand on my shoulder, I saw it was Nancy. It was my cue to put everything away.

The teacher came in and I got suddenly overwhelmed with anger. Someone was feeling some serious anger...
"Trisha" whispered Nancy and I wiped away the blood under my nose.
"Well everyone, this is our new student" said the teacher. "Introduce yourself"

The boy whom the anger was coming from, was tall and had long locks of hair.
"Billy Hargrove" he said.
"Please sit next to Miss Henderson" said the teacher. "Open your books at page 71"

Billy sat next to me and winked, I was confused and looked back at my book.
'Why is he smiling, when he's feeling so much anger?'

"Hey" whispered Billy suddenly. "I haven't got my books"
I just stared at him, confused of what exactly he wanted.
"Can I scoot over and watch with you?" he asked and I nodded.

He smelled like smoke and parfum. It was strangely nice.
"What's your name, cutie?" he asked and I frowned.
"Trisha" I said and took some notes.

He kept staring at me throughout the lesson. But I could still feel his anger...
'What if...?'
I closed my eyes and focussed on Billy, I tried to make his overwhelming anger go away for a bit.

I could feel him relax. But then I felt what's beneath the anger... beneath the anger... there was fear...
"You're bleeding" he whispered and my eyes flew open.
I quickly wiped the blood under my nose away.

"It happens" I said.
His anger was still there, but at least it wasn't so overwhelming anymore.
His firm eyes softened just a little bit, and this time, he focussed on the board instead of me.

~

"What on earth were you thinking?" asked Nancy, she was scolding me. "You know what Hopper said"
"Sorry" I said. "I just... I just wanted to help"
"You dummy" she said and hugged me. "You know you have to keep a low profile"

"I cannot always control it" I said. "And..."
"And what?" asked Nancy.
"He was angry" I said. "Really angry. I..."

"Listen, Trisha" she said. "Billy is someone you shouldn't get close to. He's... he is what we call a playboy"
"Playboy?" I asked.
"It's a guy who only wants to sleep with as many girls as he possibly can" she said.

"Why would he want to sleep with girls?" I asked and she chuckled.
"Not sleep next to someone" she clarified. "With someone. You know, sex?"
"Oh" I said and she laughed.

"You are so naïve sometimes" she said and hooked her arm in mine. "Now, Thursday is a Halloween party. Tell your mom we'll pick you up at 7. Okay?"
"Party?" I asked. "Like your birthday?"
"A bit different" she said. "Lots of people and there will be alcohol"

"Fun?" I asked and she nodded.
"Lots of fun!" she said. "It's something normal"
"Normal is good" I said and she smiled.

"Normal is good" she said. "Make sure to wear something nice!"
She walked away and I chuckled.
"So, you're coming to this party" a voice said behind me.

"Billy" I said and smiled. "You scared me"
"Sorry, love" he said and his arm was above me.
"It's Trisha" I said. "Not, love. Trisha"

"Alright, Trisha" he said, leaning a bit closer.
"I have to go, class starts soon. Bye, Billy" I said and walked away.

~

That night I put on my headphones and searched for Eleven again.
Sensing her used to be my job, but I was having trouble locating her.
I could feel her, but I couldn't find her...
"El... where are you, sister?" I whispered.
"Sister"

"Hey, Trisha" Dustin opened my door.
"Dustin! Knocking!" I yelled.
"Sorry!" he said. "Do you have money?"

"What?" I asked.
"Money, for the arcade" he said, but then he saw my nose. "Trying to find Eleven again?"
"Yes" I said. "But cannot find her"

He hugged me and I hugged him back.
"It's gonna be okay" he said. "I miss her too"
"It's my fault, Dustin" I cried.

"No, it's not" he said.
"I should have been there!" I shouted.
"If you hadn't been with Steve, Nancy and Jonathan" he said. "They would've died. So don't blame yourself"

~

Thursday came soon, Billy still stared at me sometimes. It was confusing as hell... and every day... he felt this overwhelming anger and even fear...
I just wanted to help him, I couldn't understand how someone who felt so much fear and anger, could smile and joke around...

I was waiting for Steve and Nancy, sketching in my book.
I saw a girl with ginger hair go to Billy's car, Billy didn't look to happy, he felt angry...
He saw me looking and winked again.

'What's up with the winking? Does it mean something?'
"Trisha, you okay?" asked Nancy, getting me out of my head.
"Nancy, what does it mean when a boy winks at you?" I asked.

"Who winked at you?" asked Steve.
"Billy" I said.
"I told you before, Trisha" said Nancy and we walked to Steve's car. "He just wants to get into your pants"

"Into my pants?" I asked. "But they wouldn't fit"
"It means the same thing as sleeping with you" said Nancy, trying not to laugh.
"Oh, okay" I said.

"Just, try to ignore him" said Nancy. "He's no good"
"I know" I said. "Lots of anger"
"Yeah, that guy has anger issues" said Steve. "So, remember, I'll pick you up at 7"
"I remember" I said. "7"

~

"You look beautiful!" said Mrs. Henderson. "This skirt really suits you"
"Thank you" I said and smiled.
"Now remember, your curfew is at 1" she said and I nodded. "And if you don't have fun, ask Steve to drive you home, okay?"

"I will" I said. "Thank you"
"Trisha! Steve's here!" yelled Dustin.
"Have fun, dear!" said Mrs. Henderson as I walked outside.

"Damn Trisha" said Nancy. "You clean up nice!"
"You look good" said Steve.
"Are you nervous?" asked Nancy and I nodded. "It'll be okay. And if you get overwhelmed, we'll take you back home"
"Okay" I said, a little bit relaxing.

We got inside the house and it was packed with people...
I could feel way too many emotions, strong emotions...
"I think I'll sit down" I said, but Nancy and Steve didn't hear me. They went their own way.

I sat down on the stairs and I heard people chanting Billy's name.
He came in, he wasn't wearing a shirt...
'He... he looks good'

"Hey, Trish!" I looked up and saw Billy walk over to me. "Guess who beat Harrington"
"At what?" I asked.
"Keg stand" he said and I frowned. "Seriously, what planet are you from?"
"Hawkins" I said.

He gave me a cup and I just smiled.
"Thank you" I said and he sat down next to me.
"You're not gonna drink it?" he asked.

"I don't like alcohol, that's all" I said.
"Then why the heck are you even here?" he asked, I could feel his annoyance.
"Nancy" I said. "She said this party is something normal. And normal is good"

-Billy Hargrove POV-

"Nancy" she said, looking down at her hands. "She said this party is something normal. And normal is good"
'Normal is good? What's that for bullshit?'
Normally, girls would either try to talk to me, or completely ignore me. But she... I just couldn't read her. When she speaks, it is slow. Like she's still thinking on how to form sentences. And she is oblivious to all my flirting, I just don't understand this girl.

All I know, is that I feel better around her. Like my anger just fades away. And that she looked really hot in that skirt.
I heard stories about her from the other bitches in school. They said she hardly speaks, and when she speaks it is so funny. That she's just a freak who's lucky enough to be friends with 'King Steve'.

"You want normal?" I asked and she looked me straight in the eyes.
I grabbed her hand and dragged her to the dancefloor.
"What are you doing?" she asked and chuckled.

"Dancing, Trish" I said.
"It's Trisha" she said and I shook my head.
"I like Trish better" I said and twirled her around. "Sounds hotter"

"But it's not my name" she said, trying to dance.
"It's a nickname then" I said and she smiled.
"Okay then" she said. "You can call me Trish"