Chapter 8

-Third Person POV-

Billy Hargrove drove up to the Byers house.
"Shit, it's my brother" said Max. "He can't know I'm here. He'll kill me. He'll kill us"
"We need Three" said Dustin. "He likes her, right?"

"Trisha needs to rest" said Steve. "I'll take care of him"
Steve walked outside.
"We're really not waking Trisha up?" asked Max.

Steve on the other hand, was facing Billy head on.
"Am I dreaming, or is that you, Harrington?" asked Billy.
"Yeah it's me" said Steve. "Don't cream your pants"

Billy took off his jacket, he was really angry.
Not only did his date plans with Trisha fell into the water, now Harrington who thought he owned her, was standing in front of him.
"What are you doing here, amigo?" asked Billy.

"I could ask you the same thing" said Steve. "Amigo"
"Looking for my stepsister" said Billy. "A little birdie told me she was here"
"Huh, that's weird" said Steve. "I don't know her"

"Small? Redhead? Bit of a bitch" said Billy.
"Doesn't ring a bell. Sorry, buddy" said Steve.
"You know, I don't know, this..." sighed Billy. "This whole situation, Harrington, I don't know. It's giving me the heebie-jeebies"

"Oh yeah? Why's that?" asked Steve.
"My 13-year-old sister goes missing all day" said Billy. "And then I find her with you in a stranger's house. And you lie to me about it"
"Man, were you dropped too much as a child or what?" said Steve. "I don't know what you don't understand about what I just said. She's not here"

"Then who is that?" asked Billy, pointing at the window where his sister was looking.
"Oh, shit, listen..." said Steve, but Billy already pushed him to the ground.
"I told you to plant your feet" said Billy and kicked Steve.

Billy marched into the house and saw the kids.
He was angry and scared, scared of what his father would do if he didn't bring Max home.
"Well, well, well" said Billy. "Lucas Sinclair. What a surprise. I thought I told you to stay away from him, Max"

"Billy, go away" said Max.
"You disobeyed me" said Billy. "And you know what happens when you disobey me"
"Billy..." said Max, getting really scared.

"I break things" said Billy and went to hit Lucas, but something stopped him.
"Trisha!" shouted Dustin in relief.
Trisha was using all of her power to hold Billy back from hitting the kids.

"Billy! Stop!" she said and Billy snapped his head back, surprised to see her standing further away, holding him back with nothing. "I need you to calm down"
"Calm down?!" he yelled and she flinched a bit, but still reaching out her hand, using her powers to stop him. Blood was dripping down her nose, she was exhausted...

"I know" she said and walked closer. "I know you're angry. But I also know you're scared"
"How are you doing this?" he asked, he still couldn't move. The blood began to drip down her ears...
"I don't want you to do something in your anger you'll regret. You do not want to hurt these kids" she said and touched his face. "Billy, you are more than just your anger"

"You don't know me" he spatted.
"I know a few things" she smiled. "I know you're terrified"
He began to tear up, she was reading him like an open book.

"You know nothing" he said, trying to remain angry at her.
"Maybe" she whispered. "But right now, I know you are scared. I can feel it, Billy. There's no need to hide from me"
The strong front he had built, always seemed to crumble around her. He wanted to yell, shout, scream at her. But the moment he thought that, the anger went away.

"What has you so scared, Billy?" she whispered, she had stopped using her powers and he wiped the blood off her face before falling on his knees, hugging her.
"I'm sorry" he cried. "Trish, I'm so sorry"
Trisha levelled with him and he wrapped his arms around her tightly.

"It's okay, Billy" she said, she had taken most of his anger away, so now he realised what he almost did...
The kids sighed in relief, and Max... Max began to feel bad for her stepbrother. She knew he was scared of his father, but it only really hit her now how much that affected him.

She wrapped her arms around him and he cried in her neck.
"I'm so sorry" he kept whispering. "Please, don't be angry at me"
"I'm not" she assured him.
"Don't leave me" he cried.
"I won't" she whispered.

"You guys okay?" Steve came in, watching Billy clinging onto Trisha. "What the hell happened?"
"Trisha" the kids said in choir.
Trisha's grip on Billy softened, she was losing consciousness...

"Trish?" said Billy, he shook her but couldn't wake her up. "Trish!"
"Let me" said Steve and felt at her neck. "She has a pulse. She's just exhausted. She already used her powers today"
"Her number" said Billy. "She... she said it was a long story"

"We need to go" said Max. "Billy, we need your car"
"What?" he said.
"We need to help Trisha's sister" said Max, knowing that would be the shortest explanation that would get him on board.

"She found her?" asked Billy.
"We need to go!" shouted Max and Steve lifted Trisha up.
"What? We can't leave her here" he said. "What if those demo-dogs come back for her?"

"Tell me the way" said Billy.
Everyone got inside his car, granted there wasn't a lot of space, so Trisha was lying on the kids in the back.