Season 4 chapter 1

-Billy Hargrove POV-

Five months had passed.
Five months since I was freed from the Mind Flayer.
Five months... since Trisha Henderson, the love of my life died.

I was the new teacher of sports at Hawkins High School, the coach.
And this year, we had a pretty good basketball team, even Sinclair joined.
My sister... was not doing too well.

Ever since we moved, due to financial struggles, she was closing herself off more and more. Still blaming herself for Trisha's death. She even began to see the school psychiatrist.
Susan was taking an extra job and was more tired because of it.

I tried to help financially as much as I could, but Susan wouldn't accept my money.
She said I had to save for myself, for when I wanted to leave this place.
Max was having nightmares as well. Sometimes she woke up screaming, but she always tried to cover it up. She was distancing herself from her friends as well...
And I tried to be there for her as much as I could, but I was still grieving as well...

~

"Come on, Max" I said. "We're gonna be late if you keep slouching"
"Yeah, yeah" she said and got into my new car. "Just drive"
She put on her headphones and blasted music through her ears again.
I drove to school, everyone was getting ready for the pep rally.
I looked at the tattoo I got a few months ago.

003

In honour of Trisha Henderson. Maybe it was selfish, but I wanted to believe, that at least this way, she was still with me...
'I miss you'
"Okay, you need a ride home?" I asked Max.

"Sure" she said and got out of the car.
I saw the school psychiatrist go to her.
'She probably forgot to go again'

I stood next to the teachers, I was proud on my team. One more win, and we had won the championship.
The cheerleaders were putting on a good show.
"And let's hear it for your Tigers!" shouted the announcer.

My team came onto the scene and everyone cheered.
"Good morning, Hawkins High!" shouted Jason, the captain of the team. "First off... hey. First off, I'd like to thank each and every one of you. Without your support, we wouldn't be here. Give yourselves a big hand! And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and prettiest fans of all time, the Tiger Cheer Squad. Chrissy... Chrissy, I love you, babe"

"Aww!" said the crowd.
'I think I just threw up in my mouth'
"You know..." continued Jason. "I think I can speak for all of us when I say, it's been a tough year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, 'How much loss can one community take?'. In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said: think of Jack, think of Melissa, think of Heather, think of Trisha, think about our heroic police chief Jim Hopper"

'This kid did not... he did not just use the deaths of all those people... of Trisha... for his stupid speech'
I bolted my fist, I was overflowing with anger again...
"Think about each and every one of our friends who perished in that fire" he continued. "What did they die for? For us to lose to some... some crap school? No!"

"No!" said the crowd.
'This kid...'
I was furious... using those deaths to some game...

"For us to return home with our heads hung low in defeat?" he said. "No!"
"No!" shouted the crowd.
"No! Let's win this game!" he shouted. "Let's win this game for them! And that's exactly what we did! We embarrassed those candy-asses in their own house, and now tonight, tonight, we're gonna bring home the championship trophy! Let's go!"

In the lockers I pushed Jason against the wall.
"Billy!" shouted Lucas.
"How dare you?" I asked. "Use their deaths... her death! As a motivation for a game"

"Billy, calm down" tried Lucas. "She wouldn't want this"
"I'm sorry" said Jason. "It was insensitive of me"
"You bet" I said and let him go.

I glared at Sinclair.
"Don't ever use her against me again" I threatened.
I walked outside to go smoke and calm down...