Chapter 12

-003/Trisha Henderson POV-

Max and I opened all the showers, while El made her blindfold from swimming goggles.
"Be careful" I whispered before she put them on.
"I will" she said and put the goggles on.

"What do you see?" I asked.
"A door" she said. "A red door"
Soon she pulled off her goggles and was hyperventilating.
"El!" I said and took her in my arms. "You're safe, you're okay"

~

We went to the house El had seen.
She opened it with her mind and we entered.
"This is her house" said Max.

"What?" said El.
"Heather's house" said Max.
We heard laughing and we went into the living room.
Where Billy was... eating dinner.

"Max, Trisha" said Billy. "And Trisha's little sister, right?"
"We didn't mean to... barge in" said Max. "We tried to knock, but... maybe you didn't hear us over the storm"
"I'm sorry, who is this dripping all over my living room right now?" asked the older male.

"I'm sorry" chuckled Billy, he looked normal... "Janet, Tom, this... is my sister, Maxine. And that's Trisha, and her little sister. What on earth are you doing here? Is something wrong?"
"Are you for real?" I whispered, I was getting angry, furious...
"We just wanted to make sure everything was okay" said Max.

"Okay?" asked Billy. "Why wouldn't it be okay?"
"Where is she?" asked El.
"I'm sorry" he said. "Where is who?"

"Well, they're a little burnt, I'm sorry..." Heather walked in and I looked at Billy.
I could see guilt in his eyes, I could feel it.
"I cannot believe you" I whispered and slapped him. "I stood up for you, defended you! Why are you doing this to me?"

I began to cry and his hand went up to touch my face.
"Don't touch me" I threatened and he stopped.
"Trish..." he said. "I'm sorry"

"I cannot believe you right now" I whispered. "I just can't believe I let you in. I guess I should've listened to everyone after all"
"Trisha!" he yelled when I started walking away. He followed me out into the rain and grabbed my arm. "I need you to listen!"
"No!" I screamed. "Why would I? You're clearly more happy with Heather!"

"I promise you it's not like that!" he shouted and grabbed my face. "You're the only one"
"You understand I have trouble believing that, don't you?" I asked and he nodded.
"I promise" he whispered and kissed hard on my lips. "I promise. I fucking promise"

"Billy" I whispered.
"You need to go" he said. "Just... trust me, Trish. I really don't want to hurt you"
He was crying, but with the rain it was hard to see. It was like he was fighting...

"I'm begging you" he said. "Trust me, believe me. I need you to believe me! You're the only one I..."
His eyes changed and he let me go, he walked back inside.
El and Max walked out to me and both hugged me.

~

I wore Billy's sweater, I couldn't get his words out of my head.
I somehow fell asleep, I woke up by my radio.
"I repeat, this is a code red" it was Lucas.

"What is it?" I asked.
"Three! You need to come over to Mike's asap!" said Lucas.
"Okay" I said. "Be there in 10"
I quickly drove to Mike's house, El and Max were also on their way.
I was worried about Dustin, I hadn't seen him and he wasn't at the house...

"I didn't think it was anything at first" said Will after explaining everything. "I mean, I think I just didn't want to believe it. The first time I felt it was at Day of the Dead"
"Power went out that night too" said Mike.
"And then I felt it again at the field near the Nelson farm the next day" said Will. "Then again yesterday outside Castle Byers"

"What does it feel like?" I asked.
"It's almost like... you know when you drop on a roller coaster?" he asked.
Everyone said yes except me and El.
"It's like... everything inside your body is just sinking all at once, but... this is worse" he said. "Your body... it goes cold and... and you can't breathe. I've felt it before, whenever he was close"

"Whenever who was close?" asked Max.
"The Mind Flayer" said Will.
"I closed the gate" said El.
"I know, but..." he said. "What if he never left? What if we locked him out here with us?"