Chapter 11

-Billy Hargrove POV-

I managed to run away, the car worked again and I rode to the nearest telephone pole.
I called her, her voice was the only thing I wanted to hear.
"Hello?" it was her, my Trisha. "Billy? Is that you?"

"Trish" I breathed out but the lights began to flicker.
"Billy! Are you okay? I heard you" she said and a tear fell, of course she heard me...
The lights began to flicker harder and harder, and the line went dead.

It was dark, I walked outside and heard people approach...
But this didn't look like Hawkins...
'Is this... the Upside Down?'

"What do you want?" I asked. "Hey! I said, what do you want? I said what do you want?"
One came closer and it was me...
"To build" it said. "I want you to build"
"To build what?" I asked.

"What you see" it said.
"I don't understand" I said.
The scenery returned to normal...

I saw a vision of Trish... she was lying motionless on the ground... bleeding...
"Trish!" I screamed and ran to her, I picked her up and she was not breathing. "No! Trisha, please!"
Her body disappeared, and I was alone kneeling on the road...
"Build, or she dies"

-003/Trisha Henderson POV-

I was worried, so worried...
I searched all night using my powers for Billy, but it was like his mind wasn't there...
I was scared, I didn't sleep, I kept looking all morning.

When that didn't work, I went to the pool.
"Billy?!" I yelled when I saw him.
I ran to him and hugged him, he was all sweaty.

"Are you okay?" I touched his face. "What happened?"
"Trish" he breathed out and touched my face.
"Yeah, it's me" I whispered. "Are you okay? You don't look too good. And you're sweating like crazy"

"Go away" he said and I frowned.
"Billy?" I whispered. "What's going on? Talk to me!"
"I said, go away, Trisha" he said and grabbed my wrists, squeezing them way too hard. Something was wrong, very wrong... "Please... before I..."

"Before you what?" I asked and he let his head fall against mine.
"Before I hurt you" he whispered. "Please go"
"Okay" I whispered. "But I promise you, I will find out what's wrong with you. I swear"

"I... I..." he began, but something was stopping him. "I need to go, my shift starts. Don't come near me again"
His voice was raw, he was protecting me from something... but I didn't know what...
I knew I needed help... So I went to search for my sister.

I went to the cabin and she wasn't there... I waited for her to come. I was hugging a sweater Billy had given to me.
"I swear" I whispered while the tears fell. "I swear I'll find out what's wrong. I promise"

~

-Max Mayfield POV-

I did not expect to find Trisha lying on the couch with Billy's sweater. She looked like she had been crying.
El and I looked at each other and decided to wake her up.
'I swear, if Billy hurt her, I'll kill him'

"Sister?" said El and shook her awake.
"El" she said and hugged her sister. "I need your help"
"What happened?" I asked and sat next to her.

"Billy" she said. "He... he was late for our date, then I heard him scream. And then he called, but the connection was lost. And then I tried searching for him all night, but couldn't find him. His mind was not there... and then I saw him at the pool this morning, and he looked sick. Really sick, Max... and then... then..."
"What did he do, Trisha?" I asked.

"He grabbed me" she whispered and showed her wrists, they were turning purple.
"I'm gonna kill him" I said and she shook her head.
"No" she said. "Something is off. He... he said I needed to stay away. He begged me... he begged me to go away before he could hurt me. Max, I think... I think..."

"The Mind Flayer" said El and she nodded.
"I think he's back" she whispered. "It explains why I couldn't find his mind, it's like with Will... I couldn't reach his mind if he was far away. Siter, please... help me find him"
"I will" said El.

-Billy Hargrove POV-

I kept seeing Trisha's dead body... I wasn't doing what it asked of me... so it was showing me all the ways it could kill her... it was driving me insane. In a few of them I had actually killed her...
I had to do something... to protect her. I vowed I'd protect her, so I'd do anything to make sure she is safe.
So when Heather came to me, I took her. Took her to the monster.