Season 4: Chapter 6

-Eleven/Jane Hopper POV-

After passing out in Papa's arms...
I woke up in my old room... There was a drawing of Papa, sister and me...
My hair was cut off again...

I walked out and opened another door.
It was the rainbow room... but who were all these other people?
I saw sister, but she looked... younger... she was making a puzzle, I wanted to go straight to her but I heard a voice.

"Well, well" said the voice and I looked behind me. "Look who finally decided to join us. Someone's a sleepyhead this morning"
"Where am I?" I asked.
"I guess you're still not quite awake, huh?" he said.
"Am I in Hawkins?" I asked, the lights began to flicker and the whole situation began again...

~

-Billy Hargrove POV-

We drove to the Creel's house.
"This place certainly looks haunted" I said.
They began to make the wood in front of the front door loose.

"I mean, what exactly are we supposed to be looking for in this shithole?" asked Steve.
"We're not sure" said Nancy. "We just know this house is important to Vecna"
"Because Max saw it in Vecna's red soup mind world?" said Steve.
"Basically" said Nancy.

"Great" said Steve.
"Maybe it holds a clue to where Vecna is. Why he's back, why he killed the Creels" said Dustin. "And most importantly, where my sister is and how to stop him before he comes back for Max"
"We don't think he's in here, do we?" asked Lucas.
"No" said Max. "Trisha said she was stuck with Vecna in the Upside Down"

"Okay, ready?" asked Steve and Nancy nodded, they dropped the wood and revealed the door Max had drawn...
"It's locked" said Steve. "Should I knock, see if anybody's home?"
"No need" said Robin and held up a rock... "I found a key"

She threw it through the window and Steve opened the door from the inside.
I opened the door and walked into the creepy house...
Sinclair tried the lamp in the hallway.
"Looks like someone forgot to pay their electric bill" he said.

Everyone turned on their flashlights and Steve Harrington stood there like an idiot.
"Where'd everyone get those?" he asked.
"Do you need to be told everything?" asked Dustin, proving again why he is my favourite. "You're not a child"
"Thank you" said Steve.

Dustin took out another flashlight and gave it to Harrington.
"They just left everything" said Nancy.
"I guess a triple homicide isn't good for resale value" said Robin.

"Hey, guys?" said Max. "You all see that, right?"
She was looking at an old clock.
"Yeah" said Dustin.
"Is this what you saw?" I asked. "In your visions?"

Max nodded, she was scared, terrified... but who wouldn't be?
"I mean, it's... just a clock" said Robin. "Right?"
She walked to it and touched it.
"Like a normal old clock" she said.

"Why is this wizard obsessed with clocks?" asked Steve. "Maybe he's like, a clockmaker or something?"
"I think you cracked the case, Steve" said Dustin with sarcasm.
"All I know is, the answers are here" said Nancy. "The answers to defeating Vecna and..."
"To find Trisha" I finished.

"Okay, everyone stay in groups of two, one of three" said Nancy. "Robin, upstairs"
"I'm not letting you out of my sight" I told Max and went to search a different part of the house with her and Sinclair.
"What are you thinking about?" asked Max.

"Trisha" I answered honestly. "You saw her room in those visions, didn't you?"
"I guess" she said. "Just pieces"
"Maybe... what you saw, was not just that bastard's mind" I said. "Maybe..."
"She showed you where she was, unconsciously" said Sinclair. "She's in the Upside Down, in her room"
"Now all we need is to find a way to get there" I said. "Keep your music on, it's the one thing that's protecting you right now"

~

We continued searching and suddenly Max's tape stopped.
"I wish we had a longer loop" said Sinclair.
"Forty six minutes isn't bad" she said. "I think there are bigger concerns. Like... what if, by listening to this over and over, I get sick of it, and suddenly it's not my favourite anymore? Will it still work? Or will Kate Bush, like, lose her magic power or something?"

"Kate Bush? Never" he said.
"You're a Kate Bush fan?" she asked.
"Uh, yeah, now I am" he answered.

"Really?" she asked.
"Yeah, mega-fan" he said. "She... she saved your life"
"Well, technically Trisha saved my life" she said.
"With the help of Kate Bush" he defended. "Besides, we're hot on this creep's trail. We're gonna find Vecna and kill him before he even thinks about messing with you again, all right?"

"Billy" I heard her voice...
"Trish?" I whispered and followed the sound.
"Billy" her voice was getting clearer by the second.

"Trish, where are you?!" I yelled.
"Billy" I felt her touch my shoulder and I saw her... still as beautiful as the last time I saw her. "You cannot be here"
"Trish" I breathed and hugged her tightly. "I missed you so much"

"I'm not really here" she said and I touched her face, looking into her beautiful blue eyes. "I'm just inside your head for now"
"I don't care" I whispered. "This feels real"
"You need to take Max and get out of here" she said and touched my hand. "You need to keep her safe. He has picked another target for now, he's going to act soon. But he still has his sights on Max. You need to keep her safe"

"What about you?" I asked and I felt tears running down my cheek. "Who is keeping you safe?"
"Billy" she said and dried my tears. "I'm already gone. You can't come here and save me. It's too dangerous. I won't put you in that kind of danger again"
"That's not really up to you, now is it?" I asked and looked her straight in the eyes. "I'm going to come for you. And you can't stop me. I love you, Trisha Henderson. I love you more than anything. I won't stop until I saved you"

She chuckled and kissed my lips softly.
"My hero" she whispered. "I'll do everything I can to keep Max and the others safe. But stopping him is more important than saving me"
"You are what's most important to me" I whispered and hugged her tightly. "I feel so empty without you, Trish. I need you. I will find a way to go to the Upside Down and save you, even if it's the last thing I do. And nothing you say or try to do will stop me from getting to you. Do you understand? I don't care if it's dangerous. You are worth every danger. I will come for you, do you hear me? I'm not leaving you again"

"I love you, Billy Hargrove" she whispered and I kissed her.
"I love you, Trisha Henderson" I whispered back. "Now, hold on tight, princess. I will come for you"
She was crying and nodded softly.
"I'll be waiting" she whispered. "Now, you need to go back. He'll start again soon. Keep Max safe"

~

"Billy?!" Max was shaking me and I looked at her. "You scared the hell out of me!"
"Trisha" I whispered and she looked at me. "She talked to me, in my head..."
"Trisha?" it was Dustin, everyone had gathered around me.

"I swear it was her" I said. "She said Vecna is going to act soon again. But that he now had picked another victim"
The lights began to flicker.
"I promise I'm gonna stop asking this, but..." said Max. "You're all seeing that, right?"
"Yeah" said Sinclair.
The light began to move to another lamp...

-Eleven/Jane Hopper POV-

I was still in the memories...
I saw sister standing next to the friendly man.
She didn't have to participate in the trials of papa, since she had different kind of powers.
Papa had instructed her to keep an eye on our emotions, so that we learned to use them without being influenced by our emotions.

The friendly man from earlier was looking at her softly, he was always nice to me and sister.
"Stop" said Papa to Two. "Very good, Two. Three, how did he do?"
"Very well, Papa" she answered honestly. "He remained calm the entire time"
"Excellent" said Papa proudly. "Now, which brave soul would like to follow that?"

Everyone except for me raised their hand.
"Eleven?" said Papa.
I sat down and the friendly man placed the device on my head.
"Remember to stay focussed" he said. "Find the energy. Feel it"

I tried to make the light move, but it wasn't working...
Everyone began to laugh, until sister glared at them.
Somehow, they were all scared of her...

"They're laughing" whispered Papa in my ear. "At you. They think you're weak, in need of Three's protection. Show them, Eleven. Show them"
I managed to make one light glow, but I couldn't get it to move.
"Don't worry, sister" I heard her voice in my head. "You'll get the hang of it soon"

I touched my nose and saw blood on my hands...
Everyone was suddenly gone and I heard screaming...
I walked outside and saw blood on the walls, people lying dead everywhere...
My brothers and sisters.
I suddenly saw her... Sister... bleeding from her nose and ears, unconscious, not moving... was she even still breathing?

~

-Billy Hargrove POV-

"It's like the Christmas lights" said Nancy.
"The Christmas lights?" I asked.
"Yeah, when Will was in the Upside Down, the lights... came to life" she said.

"Vecna's here" said Sinclair. "In this house. Just on the other side"
The lights went off.
"I think he just left the room" said Robin.
"Did he hear us?" asked Max.
"Can he see us?" asked Steve.

"Headphones" I told Max and she quickly put them on.
"Wait, wait" said Nancy. "Everyone, turn off your flashlights and spread out"
"We're not gonna be able to see if we turn off our flash... lights" said Steve.
"Just shut up and listen to the ladies" I said and turned my flashlight off.

We all spread out, searching for Vecna.
"I got him!" yelled Robin and we all ran to her. "Got him!"
But her light went out.
"I had him" she said.

Suddenly Steve's light began to glow.
"Oh, whoa" he said. "Oh, I think he's moving. He's moving. He's moving"
We all followed Steve up the stairs.
"Shit" he said when his light went out. "I lost him"

"To the left" I heard.
'Trisha...'
"Please tell me you all heard that" said Max and everyone nodded.
We looked to the left and saw the light flicker in another room.

"She's helping us" said Max.
"It's an attic" said Robin. "Of course it's an attic"
"Hold up, guys" said Dustin. "What if he's leading us into a trap?"
But no one listened and we continued walking up the stairs.

Author note:

Hi everyone!I'm so sorry it's been so long since I updated. 2023 has not been my year... I have been operated 3 times on my writst and I'm still recovering from the last one.I can't promise regular updates, but I will try to finish this story!
Thank you so much for the support!