December 1993 (Thank You)

Over a month had passed since Daisy's party and she continued to find herself thinking about how Adam gave up the Furvana concert for her. She was flattered. She realized how special her bond with Adam was. She realized how much he valued her. Today, they were planning on hanging out, just the two of them again.

Daisy's mom pulled up to Adam's house and stopped the car.

"Have fun," Marie said to her daughter.

"Heh, I will," Daisy replied as she unbuckled and stepped out of the car.

Daisy walked up the pathway and steps to the front door. Adam had watched Daisy's mother's car pull up through the window, and so before she could knock, he opened the door for her.

"Heyy!" He greeted her happily.

"Hey, " Daisy replied as she stepped inside, shaking off the winter chill that followed her inside.

 Daisy turned around and waved to her mom, signaling for her to drive away.

Adam closed the door behind Daisy and let her follow him into the basement. Today was going to be the day. They were getting older now, and like Cathy had told him a long time ago, Daisy wouldn't be single forever. Adam knew he'd never forgive himself if he let the opportunity slip away one more time.

"Okay so..." Adam gulped. He felt nervous, but he did his best to remain confident, as she listened to him speak, "D-Daisy... For a while now, like years, really, I've kinda... Well, you know I'd do anything for you... and... I was wondering if... You wanted to... go out... "

Daisy was silent. Adam felt an awkward tension.

"So," she said, "You're asking me out? As a date?"

"Heheh..." He laughed awkwardly, "K-kinda, yeah..."

"Well, of course I'm saying yes," she said, "I've kind of...already known you liked me,"

Adam was surprised, but a look of happiness quickly hit his face. He felt ecstatic inside as he realized it was real.

"You knew!?" Adam asked.

"I knew since my birthday, when you chose my party over Furvana... and I guess... I've always sorta had a feeling in the back of my head since before then too."

"Hehe..." Adam chuckled, "I guess I'm not that subtle, then."

Daisy leaned in and wrapped her arms around Adam. She smiled brightly as she held him close. This hug felt different now, different than the hundreds of hugs they shared in the past through their years of friendship. Adam happily accepted the hug, and held Daisy's soft body even closer to his own.

"Nope," Daisy said, her eyes still closed, "not subtle."

After that day, it became very evident to their friends that the squirrel couple clicked very well with each other. They were practically inseparable afterwards, and were almost always seen glued to each other's side or holding hands. Their friends were thrilled that the pair finally had gotten together, and they could tell nothing would be able to tear them apart from each other.